Issue Shoes????

#2
actually, mat regs (or JSP equiv) state for service dress that shoes should be leather and well polished, desn't specify what sort, and its common place to see offrs wearing a variety of footwear when in barrack-dress, however, people normally screw the nut for service dress and wear the issued ones...

the good Lt col pictured is dressed in number 4(?) dress (tropical service dress) so i assume the same rules apply. it wouldlook kinda weird wearing highly polished, heavy brown/black shoes with lightweight trop service dress.
 
#4
Desies and what looks like his thumb in his pocket like some council estate chav. Just what cake and Arrse regt or corps produces officers like this?
 
#5
Danny_Dravot said:
actually, mat regs (or JSP equiv) state for service dress that shoes should be leather and well polished, desn't specify what sort, and its common place to see offrs wearing a variety of footwear when in barrack-dress, however, people normally screw the nut for service dress and wear the issued ones...

the good Lt col pictured is dressed in number 13(?) dress (tropical service dress) so i assume the same rules apply. it wouldlook kinda weird wearing highly polished, heavy brown/black shoes with lightweight trop service dress.
Danny, seems to me that this pic is taken London, so trop dress is a bit strange in the circumstances.
 
#6
Airfix said:
Desies and what looks like his thumb in his pocket like some council estate chav. Just what cake and Arrse regt or corps produces officers like this?
I was thinking Dessie but after just putting mine on to go for a p1ss, they are the wrong colour, wrong shape, wrong tread and wrong laces (if they are there they would be below the trousers)

What would a Rodney nornmally wear with this marching suit?
 
#7
saintstone said:
Danny, seems to me that this pic is taken London, so trop dress is a bit strange in the circumstances.
could be a MA/DA or cyprus based and visiting UK...or just dressing up for the cameras!!!

i think he's wearing somekind of chukka boot, which is acceptable?

can anybody work out the cap-badge from the collar dogs, then cross reference with corps/regt dress regs, if you're that interested!!!!
 
#9
It's No 4 Dress - meant' for hot climes but actually very comfortable for wearing in todays climate controlled buildings.

It is one of the most practical uniforms issued - light, comfortable to wear, easy to keep clean and iron and inexpensive. It looks smart and feels good.

I could never work out why the MOD has spent fortunes trying to find a new No 2 Dress when this uniform is available.

Wear mine in the summer - though with brown shoes.
 
G

GLESGA-NED

Guest
#11
cuckingfunt said:




Glad he's not putting himself forward and alienating the two behind him too much! 8O
Dessie wellies were/are worn as SOP in places such as embassy posts/E2 in places like Oman, Barhrain blah,blah. You also get officers that like to be tit's and show they've been there or got the kit of their very pliable RQMS .
 

Similar threads


Latest Threads

Top