Issue razor, toothbrush etc.

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by EX_STAB, Mar 25, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Are razors still issued? If you break or lose your razor in the field how are you supposed to get a replacement?

Historically they were issued along with other personal items, I have a WWII dated soap box and did once have a WWII dated shaving brush, (both bought from antique shops I hasten to add - I'm not that old!)

Same goes for razor blades....

Just a thought.. :)

2. Pararegtom

Pararegtom LE Book Reviewer

As a crow I was issused wash bag (roll) and, razor with blades toothbrush. all with the WD crow,s foot. That was Sep 76.

3. TA in the 80's we just provided our own....

4. why a pen knife is on the field kit list :D

5. Pararegtom

Cutting throats and amputations?

6. Basic training jan 2008 and we were expected to supply our own, along with grey flannels yet to be worn.

7. In 79 you just got the washing kit roll no contents.
    If your washing and shaving kit got lost or used up in the field you ordered it from the sqimps (SQMC) during replen. Along with beer, fags and Mars bars.
    That's how the H/Cav did it anyway.

8. So does the CQMS/SQMS make unit purchases or does he get them through the system?

9. Pararegtom

Butler you had mars bars Luxury!!

10. yeah but I think they were a quid each on ex.

11. He used to go to the shops buy the stuff add the sqn % and his date of birth then sell them to us. A good SQMC could anticipate supply & demand some even circulated rental skin mags. :roll:

12. Apo - logies for digging up a Medieval Thread but does anyone have a picture of their Double Edged Razor broken down in Parts ready for a kit inspection? I have zero pictures from Basic, couldn't get away with a Polaroid back then : )

13. Classy ****** :)