Issue Pattern Binos

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Victorian_Major, Jun 7, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Evenin' All

Anyone know where I can get hold of a pair of army binos? - they're the only ones I've never been able to break. No joy on fleabay and the things are pretty ubiquitous.

Failing that, can anyone tell me the technical term for the property that these binos had of not needing manual focussing? Thanks.
  2. msr

msr LE|66%3A2|39%3A1|72%3A1684|240%3A1318|301%3A0|293%3A2|294%3A50
  3. Nah, MODAC era, not WOCs. Thanks anyway!
  4. Surprisingly, it is technically known as "fixed-focus". For once, a plain English piece of jargon.
  5. You might be asking about the L12 binos but you said you couldn't break them so I am not sure you are talking about the same thing.
    The L12 were very prone to loosing collimation (gives you two images when looking through them and a killer headache if use them for a long time like that)and the support brackets breaking. Theres a discription in the middle of the web page.

IMO your better of getting a good set of No2 or No 5 binos they will last longer.
  6. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Best ones I have ever used are Steiner 8 x 30 and a darned sight cheaper than most. 2 Adjustable eye pieces but once set for your eyes can be left as fixed focus covering about 10 metres to infinity!
  7. Witham have some on their current Tender I believe...
  8. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Try here: Outdoorsman

Do a search for 'Francis Barker' - that's the MOD bino brand.