Issue Of Iraq Medal

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by Neo, Aug 31, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Neo

Neo Clanker

Does anyone have the latest on the issue of the new iraq medal? I am currently away from my unit and have not heard a sausage about it. Seen the picture though but where are they?

2. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

It's been 18 months and not seen mine!

3. Due to cuts, one medal will be issued per unit and will be displayed in RHQ on the second floor.

4. Your worried about Op Telic how about Op Fingle???????

5. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Quit bitching about a sodding attendance badge.

If you really want to know what it's like to wait for one, speak to lads who were at Suez.

6. Our QM's still waiting for his from the Crimea. Think how he feels :D

7. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Don't give them ideas! :lol:

8. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

They're hanging on to them to issue only to those they decide not to charge with murder.....

9. Ouch.

10. I recieved that Kuwait'y medal they issued for Op Granby in 1996 in Bosnia !!

11. Interesting to see 102 Bn REME (V) recieve theirs from Bliar in Aug this year and they deployed in Jul 03 TELIC 2. Interesting to note the unit is in Newcastle and not far from his constituency in Sedgefield.Thoughts :evil:

12. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Lies ! I had stuff all to do with it !

13. Kel

Kel Old-Salt

I was at same unit as 102 Bn REME (V), think they got their medals on 10th Sept., I've not got mine yet. So this wouldn't be a political tactic by T Bliar would it? Would he stoop this low? You bet he would.

14. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

I've been told mines in the post!

Better get on eBay!

15. You don't need medals. You know where you've been, so simply stand in the corner of the mess and look smug, in the knowledge that Shaiba was hell.

W*nkers. I'll bet your all fckuing STABS.