Issue magnums - not bl**dy waterproof!!

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Run_Charlie!, Mar 15, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Might just be me but I got a pair of magnums from the Clothing Stores man and they bloody things wet water in!!! What good is that? Have I got a duff pair?

No chance of an exchange, it was a back door job :)

Anyone else had this problem? I've tried leather sealant, and as a last resort, polish :)

Back to issue combat boots!
  2. Magnums! As in the one's with dirty great big fabric sides? Or are they issuing leather one's now?
  3. None of them are waterproof that are issued unless you buy the real deal from civvy street at £100 +
  4. I thought the same.

You get issued them in Cyprus.
  5. Magnums are and always have been cr@p, good only for cadets. They're comfortable to wear around the office, however they provide very little support; the CAB is much better, and for those who have dough to blow, Lowas.
    The problem is often the fabric, so no quantity of Kiwi will solve it. You could try MVP liners or sealskinz...
  6. Photos - white bit encircles where they leak.

Attached Files:

7. That's because...MAGNUMS ARE SHITETASTIC
  8. then what are the normal issued boots eh?

Magnums are 100000% better than those shitty things!
  9. got a waterproof pair of magnums good for cycling as you can tuck waterpoofs into them but sod all use if you want any sort of support.
    not a walt my twin gave them to me :twisted:
  10. My self i have magnums but the ones you have shown are, Magnum CEN full leather. Now it doe sent have a water proof lining! Try Nick wax. Good stuff!
  11. there only really good for bimbling about in anyway waterproof or not
  12. Magnums are banned on pretty much ALL physical course, they offer no ankle support, made really cheaply AND ARE SHITE!!!
  13. whats wrong with issue boots, mine are lovely, waterproof, warm and comfortable?

Althought I heard a rumour that girlies are being issued Lowas instead! My SSM may have just been yanking my chain on that one!
  14. Women ARE getting a new boot, something about your WEB TOES?. Seriously you are getting new boot, consult this months soldier mag, it has a piece in there explaining the reasons
  15. Magnums are not sold as being waterproof so why would you expect them to be!

I think they may do a Goretex version. If yours are a gore tex version and they leak then you have a valid complaint. If not you have not.

Magnums are best kept indoors anyway. I do not subscribe to the Magnums are shoite theory. They are great for what they are designed for which is NOT tabbing, field work, or extreme conditions.