Issue hippo pad and entrenching tool case?

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Cymru_am_Byth, Mar 29, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. If you've got the hippo pad on how on earth do you get the shovel carrier onto the centre of the back of the webbing?
  2. What's the problem? Does the pouch's strap's get in the way of the pad fastner jobby? Why not just leave the fastner undone?

T C
  3. ... F*ck the entrenching tool off into the top of your bergan, replace the entrenching tool pouch with a utility pouch.. .....
  4. I have had to cut slits in waterbottle pouches to fit them over the hip-pad buckle-> could you do that with an E-tool carrier?
  5. BBear

BBear LE Reviewer

I'd be a bit wary when slicing kit up - seems a bit dodge to me? And would returning kit be a problem?

Just leave the hippo fastner undone, doesnt matter really. It'll still stay on.
  6. I don't think a 1 Inch slit in the middle of the 4 Inch waterbottle flap is a big deal; also you can heat seal it up around the edge.

Two words (or is it one?): buck-shee!
  7. Exactly right :wink:
  8. You can always buy some extra pouches off ebay if you are lucky you might get a genuine SAS one!!