Issue Desert Gortex Jacket

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by sixty_three, Jul 17, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is there any place in the UK where I can buy one of these ?
  2. Although it’s not on their website, Silvermans did have some in their London shop. Unfortunately they're not the cheapest shop in the world and they don’t open on Saturdays. Give them a bell: 0207 7 900 900

You could also try E Bay, there’s loads of desert kit for sale on there.

Hope this helps,

3. why on earth would anyone want to buy an "issued" desert gortex jacket?
  4. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

Hiding on the beach?
  5. Fair point, but why "buy" an "issued" gortex jacket - If your in the desert and need one, you'll get it issued, if your not in the desert, there s no need for one, or am I missing something here?
  6. Walt? :?
  7. May be wrong but I think this item is only currently issued to fight club. Judging by his/her post profile, our '63' is a bit of a kit pest.
  8. do you really need a waterproof jacket in a desert ?
    seems a bizarre piece of kit :?
  9. Actually hippy it rains like hell in Iraq over the winter- at least as bad as here if not worse. There are never enough desert gary's to go around so buying yer own is a fine example of ppp preventing ppp.
  10. typical only we'd find a cold wet desert to invade :evil:

11. only to true, TELIC 3 was one wet motherf**ker and suprisingly the only 4men in my Sqn to be issued with desert pattern Goretex, were! OC, Badge, QM and SQMS,

typical especially as the SQ and QM were always out and about in the wet with the lads on taskings etc !!!!! yeh right, more like they were tucked up cosy in Fortress lines for 6months keeping dry with Gary hanging nicely on back of their chairs
  12. Op TELIC 3 was a long time ago, things have changed and issued kit improved. Certainly the winter tour I recently did everyone had Gortex issued if they needed it. I could think of much better bits of kit to spend my money on
  13. Of course it never rains in Iraq - never horzontally for days at a time - and of course everybody in my company was ssued one. Would be wrong to imagine otherwise! :D
  14. GG this was the case on T7 too. On T3 i never saw desert garys.
  15. Barras in glesca had some - dunno if that will help you!