Issue 1 Kit

magicgrotter said:
Guys due to get my issue one shortly.

Any info on what is supplied?
Issue One comes with a free binder to keep all your issues in, and builds up to make a wonderful collection over a 52 week period. Also, issue one is at a special price of 99p (usual price £3.99).

You get your gun, your body armour and your 'plane ticket.

Ooh, and make sure you ask them for gaiters too, they're really important.

Sandbanks said:
magicgrotter said:
Guys due to get my issue one shortly.

Any info on what is supplied?
Issue One comes with a free binder to keep all your issues in, and builds up to make a wonderful collection over a 52 week period. Also, issue one is at a special price of 99p (usual price £3.99).
:clap: :clap: :clap:

cbt 95 shirt x 2
cbt 95 trousers x 2
field jacket x 1
green t-shirt x 2
boots x 1
useless saggy gloves
long johns x 2
huge fleece x 2
silver shadows (trainers)
long sleeves thermal t-shirt x 2
socks x 2

As far as a can remember this all comes in your first issue if kit!

Cheers guys, funny replies... well looks like the wallet is coming back out then!!!!

I take it issue 2 is more of the same... only worse?!?

Don't listen to kingburn, he'll have you buying sporks. :D

Just use your issued stuff for now, until you've passed out then you can be a kit whore and buy shares in RVOps.

The issue kit is fine. You'll get goretex as well as enough combats for the time being.

mwahahaha sporks strike again! no the kit is good, i am not a kit whore at all, i would buy a softie if i could afford one because the issue fleeces are shit and no1 can disagree with that!

however Mark1234 is very right, just use issues kit until you have passed out, you wont be allowed any non issued kit in basic training so....

good luck

By issue fleece you mean that thing that slowly tightens itself around your neck, determined to rub away any skin in its path.

Echo the sentiments above, stick to the issue kit until you pass training, then you can by the odd bit to keep ypu comfy(gas stoves, boots and softies seem to be favourites)

Cheers lads.

Just to pick up on one point re not being able to use non-issue kit as a recruit.

I've accquired a pair of Lowa combat boots, what are the chances do you reckon?

Lowa boots? No chance, far too distinctive, you might get away with a pair of pro-boots though - I did!

You could use them, depends how **** your unit is.However prepare to get ripped to shreds for being a "kit whore"

New fleeces aren't too bad, better than the ones with scotchbrite round the neck.....

Just buy some good quality insoles for your issue boots and you'll be fine. Oh, get some propper socks ........... or spocks - half spoon, half sock :)

magicgrotter said:
I've accquired a pair of Lowa combat boots, what are the chances do you reckon?
Why did you buy Lowas before even being issued your first bit of kit? You may find that the issue boots fit you perfectly and are in fact very comfortable. I've never even thought about buying my own boots as I'm one of the lucky ones that has never had problems with the issued ones.

That said, when I was getting them issued I tried on several pairs to make sure I had a pair that fitted me correctly, and of course I insisted on trying them on with the socks that had just been issued to me. This irritated the guy in stores a bit, but it's worth doing! I normally wear size 11, and although the size 11 large fitted me, the 12 medium were a lot more comfortable.

Buy some proper insoles though, the cheese-grater issue insoles are horrible.