Israels PMs daughter: Stop war crimes

mora

War Hero
His daughter, Dana, who is a lesbian, has courted controversy by her participation in Machsom Watch, a group which monitors the treatment of Palestinians by Israeli soldiers at military checkpoints in the territories.

PM's daughter protests Gaza killings

Dana Olmert at demonstration

Dana Olmert takes part in left-wing demonstration outside army chief's house; protesters call Halutz 'murderer,' declare 'intifada shall prevail.' Meanwhile, human rights groups send letter to PM, defense minister, calling on them to stop war crimes in territories
Avi Cohen

Some 200 left-wing activists marched outside the house of IDF Chief of Staff Dan Halutz at the Tzahala neighborhood in Tel Aviv Saturday evening, to protest the killing of civilians in Gaza on Friday.

The demonstrators chanted slogans such as "Tzahala residents, there's a murderer in your neighborhood," and raised signs calling on the government to "put a stop to the murder of civilians" and stating, "Halutz is a killer, the intifada shall prevail." Activists also shouted, "neighbors, ask Halutz why he's killing children and how many."

Dana Olmert, the daughter of Israel's Prime Minister Ehud Olmert, also took part in the demonstration.

About 30 policemen arrived at the place to maintain order, but allowed the rally to proceed uninterrupted. Some of the neighborhood's residents, however, were less pleased with the disturbance and squirted water on the protesters from inside their houses.

Letter to Olmert: Stop war crimes
Five human rights organizations sent a letter to Prime Minister Ehud Olmert and defense Minister Amir Peretz, calling on them to act immediately in order to put an end to the killing of Palestinian civilians in the territories, and to "uproot the elements that contribute to this killing."

According to the letter, while it is Israel's duty to take all necessary measures in order to protect its citizens, it is however unacceptable for a sovereign state to employ illegal methods, which in some occasions constitute war crimes.

The groups stressed in the letter that one of Israel's obligations, according to humanitarian international law, is to minimize the ramifications of military operation on the civilian population, and to secure the wellbeing and safety of the Palestinian civilians even during battle.

Protesters march near Halutz's ( IDF's chief of staff ) house

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3261125,00.html

Thursday, May 18, 2006
Olmert’s Dovish Family
Considering that Prime Minister Ehud Olmert grew up as a fiery nationalist and was a longtime member of the hawkish Likud before joining the Kadima party, it is surprising that his family is a group of doves. This was revealed in brochures distributed by right-wingers during the election campaign. The brochure describes Olmert’s wife Aliza and their children as activists from the far-left.

The couple has five children—two sons and three daughters, including one who is adopted. One daughter, Dana, is openly gay, lives with her partner and has been involved with Mahsom (Checkpoint) Watch, a women’s group that monitors alleged human rights abuses at Israeli army checkpoints.

Their eldest son, Shaul, lives in New York. After his compulsory military service, he signed a petition urging soldiers to refuse to serve in the Palestinian territories. Another son, Ariel, lives in Paris and is said to have never completed his military service.

The brochure questioned the family’s devotion to their country. “What can we expect from a prime minister so deeply connected to the extreme left?” the brochure said. “If the sons enjoy croissants in Paris and the daughter and wife work for the Palestinians and against the Israeli army, how can father Ehud Olmert guarantee peace and security for the state?”

The brochure also accused Olmert of preparing to divide Jerusalem, taking a quote from the Israeli newspaper Ma’ariv in which he declared, “The borders of Jerusalem will be changed.”

http://www.israeltoday.co.il/default.aspx?tabid=128&view=item&idx=1013

I'll bet she gets grounded at least.

Leo Blair could take a leaf out of her book. (Not on the war crimes front because we have not commited any but more of a 'stop fcuking HM troops around daddy' protest').

We don't give a fcuk Mora. What's your opinion?

mora

War Hero
you sound scared but thrilled, cunning trolls everywhere, with thinly disguised fishing trips, what is the hidden scheme this time?

mora

War Hero
hansvonhealing said:
mora said:
you sound scared but thrilled, cunning trolls everywhere, with thinly disguised fishing trips, what is the hidden scheme this time?
Whoops, you forgot to use poor english that time....
:twisted:

Jewish image in the English mind

John Buchan (1875–1940). The Thirty-nine Steps. 1915

Most concerning about the book is the inherent anti-semitism. Analgoies and metaphors rely on negative imagery of jews; and one of the characters (scudder) is overtly anti-semitic in his comments. While this was a prevalent attitude in a certain strata of British writing pre- World War Two, it jars today - and rendered parts of the novel, for this reader, offensive.

crabtastic said:
Mora - I am at a loss to know why you post half the topics you do and for what moivation. You are not endearing Israel to this board.

Besides, who cares about a lesbian in Machsom? They are a waste of space.

Mora - what was your (sherut sadir) service?

Mora is actually an Islamist trying to use subtle propaganda to give us a bad opinion of Israel. By winding us up with constant news stories we're meant to eventually develop an hatred for all things Israeli.

Well that sounds like the sort of thing Mora would post on this board anyway.

I've watched this site for a long time before joining. I must say, Mora really winds me up, the posts are totally useless and pretty counter-productive. Please either 1. give an opinion, or 2. stop.

hansvonhealing said:
mora said:
Whoops, you forgot to use poor english that time....
I'd say it's poor. Not hyphenating thinly disguised and the failure to employ a semi-colon after the word thrilled and a full stop after the word trips is, to my mind, rather disappointing.

Arik said:
crabtastic said:
Mora - I am at a loss to know why you post half the topics you do and for what moivation. You are not endearing Israel to this board.
i'm not for flattering israel's image, it is your task

amour_de_moutons said:
Mora is actually an Islamist trying to use subtle propaganda to give us a bad opinion of Israel. By winding us up with constant news stories we're meant to eventually develop an hatred for all things Israeli.
you're on something here

amour_de_moutons said:

Well that sounds like the sort of thing Mora would post on this board anyway.
Please take into note the second line. I should have made it a bit clearer.

I suggest readers look at this thread, 'Indoctrination of kids - is this vid for real ?' on 'Current Affairs'.
It questions the validity and source of a video 'mora' managed to slip in to another of her threads, 'sexy summer swimwear'.
It seems I am not alone in thinking we have more than just a boring troll on our hands.....