Israelis Warned To Leave Egypts Sinai Region

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by dangerousdave, Apr 13, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Cheers for heads-up - my mate has just departed for a months holiday in Sinai. I'm contacting him now to say keep ur head down.
  2. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

I suspect that any nation state venturing across the suez (OK That'll be Egypt then) will be handed their head on a plate. Hamas etc is a very different kettle of stories.....
  3. I smell porkies.
  4. He didnt say his mate was an Izzy, could be Hamas or Hezzie and doesnt want him caught by the Mossad/GIS.......
  5. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Is this before Egypt get gobby and get their arse kicked AGAIN in the Sinai, they have history :twisted:
  6. Topic title could be read as 'Israelis told not to contribute another shekel to the Egyptian economy'
  7. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Not according to the Egyptions. When I was on holiday there, admittedly 15 years ago, when on a trip from Luxor into the desert, the guide explained to us in great detail how they kicked Israels ass. I decided not to contradict this version as I fancied completing my holiday.
  8. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

:D A bit like having a conversation with a Japanese about 1935 to 1945. Aww well, the new generations will learn what an arrse kicking is if they don't remember their history, serves them right to be honest. :lol:
  9. In the end the IDF won, but you have to admit the Suez crossing by the Egyptians was brilliantly done. Their deception plan and using high pressure hoses to blast through the Berms quickly was a stroke of tactical genius, the IDF utposts were overrun before they knew what hit them.
  10. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

My bold, theres your clue.

Otherwise whats your point?
  11. To be fair the opening days of the Yom Kippur war went well for the Egyptians. Right up until the point they decided to park up and wave their backsides in the air, waiting for the Israelis to rape them. Allegedly their Soviet advisors were urging them to follow standard Red Army doctrine and not take their foot off the accelerator until they had overrun the place or been shot, but to no avail. That's one of the reasons the Sovs never saw it as a failure of their doctrine, they'd have shot anyone who hesitated for a second.
  12. That they gave the IDF a tremendous shock to the system. Egyptian forces previously hadn't shown that level of tactical proficiency in 48 or 56. They had 5 divisions acorss in less than 10 hours. Only when they stopped in Sinai and basically went doggo without their AAA umbrella did they get raped by the IAF.
  13. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Ahh sorry, 48, 56, 67 and then again in 74. So what you mean is they are sh1t.
  14. Been on Bright Star as both a Joe and as Staff I wouldn't call them that, maybe not IDF level but surprisingly capable. Their problem in 73 was once across and a free road to Israel they didn't comprehend how to exploit, stood fast to regroup and reinforce the bridgeheads and thats when the Skyhawks appeared.