Israelis to replace Yasur helicopter

After flying the King Stallion sim, that Sikorsky brought to Le Bourget last year ..i Found myself surrounded by the IDF/AF contingent of dignitaries. One of which ma have been a BG that I met earlier in the year in London who Is the first IDF helo pilot to fly the King Stallion.

iMHO, think IDF/Af will go King Stallion route...also don’t forget the Bell/Boeing V-22 is/was on the cards too. But think that gone quiet ..

cheers
It doesn’t matter what they choose as the Americans are paying for it regardless

Congrats to Israel selection of the King Stallion

E3553707-61DF-4BFF-B0DC-BD9CCB2C16BB.jpeg

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
I remember speaking to a 3 MAW loadie in Afghanistan about the amount of hydraulic fluid swilling about on the floor of our CH53.

He told me that I should worry when there wasn't any swilling about...

Why do the British prefer the CH47 over the CH53?

British RAF CH-47 performs a pinical landing to supply ground forces.  (2048x1365). wallpaper/ background for … | Military, Chinook helicopters,  Boeing ch 47 chinook
Ch53 complex also if you have a chance please have a read of the late Captain Eric Winkle Brown bio Wings on My Sleeve about His early 60s visit to the states.

It was related to the then Uk short lived expansion of the FAA, with upcoming CVa-01 etc. He test flew the YF-4 Phantom prototype, the YCH.47A, ans YCH-53A...

The 53 was considered in late 60s.

cheers

Last edited:
Why do the British prefer the CH47 over the CH53?

British RAF CH-47 performs a pinical landing to supply ground forces.  (2048x1365). wallpaper/ background for … | Military, Chinook helicopters,  Boeing ch 47 chinook

Rather detailed posts on just that at the start of this very thread

Thus proving to one and all that you dont read threads and are much like a pigeon - fly in crap everywhere bugger off

I remember speaking to a 3 MAW loadie in Afghanistan about the amount of hydraulic fluid swilling about on the floor of our CH53.

He told me that I should worry when there wasn't any swilling about...

A colleague who served in the IAF's Unit 669 once remarked that the Yasurs are fine if you don't mind the hydraulic fluid dripping above you.
I never encountered the phenomenon but he used them almost daily whereas us infantry just hopped on and off.

Last edited:
A colleague who served in the IAF's Unit 669 once remarked that the Yasur's are fine if you don't mind the hydraulic fluid dripping above you.
I never encountered the phenomenon but he used them daily whereas us infantry just hopped on and off.
The black cats. ;)

Slime

LE
Are these meant to be RAF CH53s?

Help us out here, what type of helicopter are YOU seeing in that clip?

Once you’ve identified the type we might make progress :)

Slime

LE
CGI of HH-3E Jolly Green Giant ..lol just as bad as Bravo Two Zero, when they filmed in South Africa and the 'chinook' was actually a MI8 Hip airframe.

Cheers

You spoiled that :)
CGI or not, the fact they weren’t even CH53 helicopters was the main drawback.

When I initially saw the film the fact they had the incorrect roundels was enough of an annoyance, the fact they were a type the RAF didn’t have was just a bonus.

Latest Threads