Israelis reject George Mitchell loan guarantee threat

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by KGB_resident, Jan 10, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

Meanwhile Senators McCain, Lieberman downplay Mitchell's threat,7340,L-3832424,00.html

2. they might accept if he runs through a rendition of "faith" ;)
  3. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Well Done Sergey! Another Israel story!

Tell me - you got an opinion on this or are you just stirring again?
  4. I believe dear friend that it is a very important issue. It is something that could have a global impact.

Is Israel economy strong enough not to use American loan guarantees? Maybe... or maybe not.

Just yesturday I baught (in a supermarket here in Moscow) Israeli carrots (excellent ones) with a word 'Shomron' (Samaria) on the package. Previously I baught Israeli mandarin oranges and other fruits. By the way I contribute to Israeli economy by advancing Israeli made equipment in Russia. I use it in my project, consult our customers, explain why it is better than Canadian, Spanish, German or Russian made analogs. Business is business.

But our customers are not idiots. If relations between Israel and the USA are spoiled then such a situation would lead to a conclusion that for political reasons Israeli made equipment is not 'reliable' for systems designed for future expansion.

Returning to the theme it self I would like to express my opinion. It would in the interests of Israel and the Israelis to recognize 1967 borders, recognize East Jerusalem as a future capital of independent Palestine and propose fair exchange of territories. High technologies don't require much land but they require much brain. A man whom I know years live in the West Bank. Well it would be fair to allow him to live there along with other Israelis. And equal number of Palestinians should be allowed to live in Israel itself.