Israeli Pressure Bandage

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by Letterwritingman, Oct 27, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. One quick question, quick answers required ....not quick cocks! :D

What is the acknowledged volumatic capaticity of the large Israeli Pressure Dressing please, I think its 1pnt/ 0.5 ltr can anyone confirm and give me a reference please?
    :?

2. For the large one it is 1 litre.

They dont teach it any more though, its dressing on, second one if required and then C-A-T.

Straight from Gosport!

3. Theres no hard answer for that im afraid. As the bandage works by tamponading a bleed rather than soak it all up and look nice and neat. The manufacturer doesnt advertise it in their literature.

There is an amount of absorbsion but very little. Maybe you could grab one and pour fluid into it and see how much it takes. I'd imagin its nowhere near 1 pint though. Probably more like 250ml.

4. Agreed on that Tony, but I would have thoght the Large dressing would take more than 250ml :?

5. Your talking about the abdominal bandage there and i'd imagin you are right with that. The diference between the two of course is that your not going to compress and abdominal injuy to the point of stoping a bleed so it will indeed have bigger absorbsion properties. I though we were talking primarily about the Emergency Care Bandage (with or without pressure bar :roll: ).