[Israeli PM] Begin aided Argentina during Falklands War

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by on_leave, Apr 21, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Doesn't surprise me one bit.

This would be Israel that made a tidy living selling on US military technology to the Chinese, until they got too clever for their own good and started modifying the Harpy Anti Radar drones they'd flogged to the Chinese to attack AEGIS radars and got their dicks slapped.

2. Napoleon Bonaparte, Adolf Hitler, umpty thousand former colonials, several popes, the fecking Roman legions and the Vikings, to name but a few, all had grievances with Britain at one time or another. We're still here. Get over it.

• Like Like x 5
  3. Good point, well presented!

• Like Like x 1
  4. But ... when the Vikings and the Romans were attacking and/or invading the British Isles, weren't the inhabitants all Welsh (or rather similar?).

5. And anyway, what did the Romans ever do for us?

• Like Like x 1
  6. @Eodmatt: Depends how you look at it - you're not a Pict or Scot by any chance?

7. Well it may come back and bite Israel in the arse one day if the rag heads ever get their act together and decide Israels day has come.,Oy Vey!

8. On that Day the Israelis will turn a large part of the ME into a sparkly glass car park.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I just do not understand why some folk seem to think that Israel is some sort of ally of ours or the Yanks. Repeated examples of Israel spying on the US, attacking that ship etc etc.

• Like Like x 2
  10. As Woody Allen put it. "Anyone who calls themselves gods chosen people are asking for trouble".

11. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Sooner the better, let the world move on.....

12. @petergriffen: yes, that does seem to be a widespread fear. Though perhaps it will be prevented? I don't imagine that it is in the US or Chinese or Russian interest to allow this to happen, and the forces of these countries could presumably neutralise the Israeli capabilities if they decided this was necessary. The land-based missiles cannot be too difficult to deal with, and I really wonder whether the German-built Israeli subs can be as hard to track and crack as their reputation suggests?

13. I get the impression the Israelis have the same attitude as Millwall FC "no one likes us, we don't care". I was on West Falkland 2 years ago and have at home a piccy of a Mirage wreckage where the Argy paint job has weathered revealing the Star of David underneath.
    Wasn't Begin a member of the Stern gang which kidnapped two British Sgt's then hanging them and then planting IED underneath their bodies?
    It may be worth mentioning that whatever our Government foreign policy faux paux in that region, the UK took in 30,000 Jews from Germany before the war, when the US would only take 10,000.

• Like Like x 1