Israeli Offensive Starts in Gaza

This will not solve the Palestinian problem

I reckon the Palestinians are as deserving of their own nation as anyone else. Didn't the Israelis get theirs by being deserving?

Well, Israel is fed up with Hamas and their little games, so they're going to give them something to think about as they tanks tread their way down and cut Gaza in half, take and cut each piece of Gaza into pieces even more. Palestine wanted a war, Israel is going to oblige them, is all. Palestine had chances, they blew it.

what makes me laugh is how palastine (of hamas) keep doing things like this when they know Israel take no sh*t and will dish out some serious retribution sooner or later, it might not be right but its a fact of life, how many lessons to they need to learn?

sawdusty said:
I reckon the Palestinians are as deserving of their own nation as anyone else. Didn't the Israelis get theirs by being deserving?
any way what is "Palestinians" ? This name is given to the land by the British, after the fall of the Ottoman/Turkish rule. Till than they themselves ( that is the Arab inhabitants ) didn't aware they bore a unique nationhood of their own, after all the boundaries of that "Palestine" was drawn by the Brits themselves ostensibly for the Jewish "national home", but in reality due thier own interests and the rivalry with French. That's why the Jews were sure the Jewish National home will include the East Bank of the Jordan too, but than Churchill saw the need to reward the Hashemites for their help in the Arab revolt, and their lost in Arabia itself, so the East Bank renamed Trans-Jordan, and than Jordan. The people, beside the Jews, in this land didn't bear any other trait that differ them with the other Arabs in the Middle East. They can be perfectly Jordanian and Egyptians if it weren't the cause that it happened to be.

mora said:
sawdusty said:
any way what is "Palestinians" ? This name is given to the land by the British, after the fall of the Ottoman/Turkish rule. Till than they themselves didn't aware they bore a unique nationhood of their own, the boundaries of that "Palestine" was drawn by the Brits themselves ostensibly for the Jewish "national home", that's why the Jews were sure the Jewish National home will include the East Bank of the Jordan too, but than Churchill saw the need to reward the Hashemites for their help in the Arab revolt, and their lost in Arabia itself. The people, beside the Jews, in this land didn't bore any other trait that differ them with the other Arabs in the Middle East.
At some point the Hebrews themselves were just another band of flea bitten shiftless Bedouin who had no land to call home. Everybody has to start somewhere. But I've noticed immigrants everywhere want to close the door after they've gotten inside.

sawdusty said:
At some point the Hebrews themselves were just another band of flea bitten shiftless Bedouin who had no land to call home. Everybody has to start somewhere. But I've noticed immigrants everywhere want to close the door after they've gotten inside.
don't impose your european mind to the situation in the levant

mora said:
Well that's a switch. I'm a Spam, honey chile.

Does this mean you want me to choose sides? I'd as soon see the last of both sides of the problem.

sawdusty said:
mora said:
Well that's a switch. I'm a Spam, honey chile.

Does this mean you want me to choose sides? I'd as soon see the last of both sides of the problem.
No Spam, I want the Brits will know their own history better.

mora said:
No Spam, I want the Brits will know their own history better.
Is that what you're on about? History lessons? Thank goodness cause it sure looked like you were assigning blame for a bit there.

tomahawk6 said:
The Egyptians have deployed 2500 troops along the border with Gaza to prevent people from fleeing into Egypt.
Isn't that MFO patrolled territory? I'd presume the troops to be on the order of Military Police.

mora said:
This will not solve the Palestinian problem...
You know, I think I've finally reached the point where I just don't give a rat's ass about the place any more. For the last 50-odd years, both sides have displayed and sustained a level of fuckwittage that would dismay even Paris Hilton's driving instructor and I'm sick of caring about it.

To all involved,
FFS. If you're hell-bent on killing each other, for crying out loud just get on with it properly so the rest of the world can move on without you. It took you 50 years to agree on the symbol that should go on the side of ambulances- I don't know what I was thinking when I thought that a negotiated settlement could be reached.

Once the bodies are buried I'm sure some enterprising individual can come up with a use for 20,000 or so square kilometres of sand and rocks in the Eastern Med (although fcuk knows what). Alternatively perhaps we should start helping out the Iranians with their nuclear programme. If Ahmadinejad is as nutty as T6 et al suggest, perhaps he'll throw enough instant sunshine that way to take everybody (Israeli and Palestinian) out of the game.

Rant over.

crabtastic said:
mora said:
You know, I think I've finally reached the point where I just don't give a rat's ass about the place any more. For the last 50-odd years, both sides have displayed and sustained a level of fuckwittage that would dismay even Paris Hilton's driving instructor and I'm sick of caring about it.

To all involved,
FFS. If you're hell-bent on killing each other, for crying out loud just get on with it properly so the rest of the world can move on without you. It took you 50 years to agree on the symbol that should go on the side of ambulances- I don't know what I was thinking when I thought that a negotiated settlement could be reached.

Once the bodies are buried I'm sure some enterprising individual can come up with a use for 20,000 or so square kilometres of sand and rocks in the Eastern Med (although fcuk knows what). Alternatively perhaps we should start helping out the Iranians with their nuclear programme. If Ahmadinejad is as nutty as T6 et al suggest, perhaps he'll throw enough instant sunshine that way to take everybody (Israeli and Palestinian) out of the game.

Rant over.
Well said. Damn well said.

crabtastic said:
mora said:

Rant over.
crabtastic, that won't happen, cause the Palestinan cause is become a cloaked manifestation for anti Semitism that people today hasitate to express. read KGB_resident comment you would get a clue. Chechnia is not important as the Palestine cause, even when he involved in one conflict directly. He's not alone here. This cause has a life of its own.

KGB_resident said:
Capt_Cuddlebunny said:
KGB_resident said:
Chechen conflict is an internal one. Russia declares that Chechnya is a part of Russian Federation. By contrast Israel annexed only East Jerusalem. The West Bank and Gaza are not part of Israel even from Israeli point of view. So Israel/Pelestine conflict is an international one.
Ah, Russia declares, so it must be so!
Also other countries (including the UK and USA) recognize Chechnya as a part of Russia. And Russia along with many other countries recognize NI as a part of the UK.

I mentioned a well-known fact that Israel after it captured West Bank and Gaza in 1967 annexed only East Jerusalem and even hasn't declared other captured lands as its territory.

Mora

You refered to mt words but I don't understand your point. Let's compare:

RUSSIA - says Chechnya is a part of Russia. All Chechens are Russian citizens and have all rights.

by contrast

ISRAEL - doesn't say that Gaza and the West Bank belong to Israel (except East Jerusalem). Israel doesn't grant Palestinians rights of Israeli citizens.

The point is why the genocide in the south of Sudan - which has caused the deaths of two million people during the past two decades - virtually never mentioned in the BBC until very recently. Similarly, the flashpoints in Kashmir, the attacks on millions of Christians , have been almost unreported. Whereas Israel's conflict with the Palestinians has been obsessively and disproportionately covered.

When it start to be reported, the Sudanese minister accused Israel, nonchalantly, to be behind this. He takes for granted that only one conflict in the world matters.

Aug. 8, 2004 18:44
Israel rejects Sudan's 'crazy' accusation
By HERB KEINON

Sudan's Foreign Minister Mustafa Osman Ismail told reporters in Cairo Israel had "recently become active in entering the Darfur issue from different sides, whether through its active presence in (neighboring) Eritrea, or through its active diplomatic missions."

Ismail pointed out that the Israeli ambassador to the UN Dan Gillerman had "started his talk about the Israeli barrier (at the UN) by speaking on Darfur and what the Arabs are doing there, as well as moving the Jewish communities to spread what is being said about Darfur."
And for pure old-fashioned anti semitism, that any one can recognise, what the jews will do to divert the attention from the noble cause fo the palestinians, of course?

That old-fashioned Jew-hatred (Alan M. Dershowitz, Aug. 25, 2003, Jerusalem Post)

Several days ago I received a phone call from a Brazilian journalist who asked me to respond to the charge being made in her home country that Israel was at least indirectly to blame for the deadly truck bombing of the United Nations headquarters in Baghdad that killed, among others, a prominent Brazilian diplomat, Sergio Vieira de Mello.

I was not surprised at the question, considering its source. Among many South Americans, as among many Eastern Europeans, the knee-jerk response to nearly every evil is "blame it on the Jews." For example,Cardinal Oscar Andres Rodriguez Meridiaga, who is the archbishop of Tegucigalpa, Honduras, has been telling anyone who is willing to listen that "the Jews" are to blame for the scandal surrounding the sexual misconduct of priests toward young parishioners!

The Jews? How did Cardinal Rodriguez ever come up with this ridiculous idea? Here is his "logic." He begins by asserting that the Vatican is anti-Israel and pro-Palestinian. It follows, therefore, that "the Jews" had to get even with the Catholic Church, while at the same time deflecting attention away from Israeli injustices against the Palestinians.

The Jews managed to do this by arranging for the media which they, of course, control to give disproportionate attention to the Vatican sex scandal. Listen to Rodriguez's own words:

"It certainly makes me think that in a moment in which all the attention of the mass media was focused on the Middle East, all the many injustices done against the Palestinian people, the print media and the TV in the United States became obsessed with sexual scandals that happened 40 years ago, 30 years ago.

Rodriguez then goes on to compare the Jewish-controlled media with "Hitler," because they are "protagonists of what I do not hesitate to define as a persecution against the Church."

When asked whether he wanted to reconsider his attack, Rodriguez replied: "I don't repent sometimes it is necessary to shake things up."

Mora wrote
The point is why the genocide in the south of Sudan - which has caused the deaths of two million people during the past two decades - virtually never mentioned in the BBC until very recently.
Wrong wrong.The BBC were reporting on sudan more than two years ago.
I was sitting in a bar with an american watching the BBC the first report was Iraq with the locals saying why do the americans think they are the world policemen we did not ask for their help.
The second report was sudan and the locals were saying look what is happening to our homes why does america not come and help us they are the most powerfull army and they do nothing.
The septic just looked at me and shrugged his shoulders.I said "White mans burden mate live with it and be dammed".