Israeli non-issue of bayonets to save money

Maalox

War Hero
They are not issued bayonets for political reasons, nothing to do with military requirements.
What are the political reasons?

A rifle with a bayonet has a tremendous intimidatory and 'stand-away' appearance.

That the Israelis do not issue bayonets to their troops is one reason why even unarmed Arab youths are totally unafraid of going face-to-face with them.

A rifle with a bayonet has a tremendous intimidatory and 'stand-away' appearance.

That the Israelis do not issue bayonets to their troops is one reason why even unarmed Arab youths are totally unafraid of going face-to-face with them.

Oh do **** off you Jew hating ****! FFS! You dribbling dick.

You do realise that the black object in the Israeli soldiers hand is what is known as a "Rifle"?
Apparently these " Rifles" can be quite dangerous, luckily I don't think anyone has died from a "rifle" yet.

Ritch

LE
You do realise that the black object in the Israeli soldiers hand is what is known as a "Rifle"?
Apparently these " Rifles" can be quite dangerous, luckily I don't think anyone has died from a "rifle" yet.
I heard Maalox used to talk to Death Row inmates in the US. He was eventually sacked though when the Supreme Court ruled that listening to him was a cruel and unusual punishment.

He usually writes here just after filing the weekend society gossip column of the Jerusalem Post. Fact.

That is the reason. Apparently the Austrian Army got a bit tasty with the local populace pre-war during riots and they had their bayonets withdrawn. This was of course temporarily suspended when they became part of the Wehrmacht.

Jew hating?
Yes. It always posts some dribble about the Israeli forces. But (IMO) it's writing has some snide undercurrent anti-Semitic tone. And so, I've come to the conclusion it's an Jew hating dribbling moron! I may report it to Mosad for fun. Hopefully they'll burst down its mums basement door (where it resides) and kick his foreskin out!

Note: I also didn't check which forum I was in before posting original message. Apologies for profanities. But my stance remains the same.

Location - bleak windswept training area
Weather - pishing down
Occasion - Int Corps Sgts' Course

Trg CSM [Bob C - short arrse with attitude to match] Cpl Devex - FFS DOOOO SOMETHING [boot to the back of the prone Dev's helmet]

Devex [for it is he/me] errrr [thinking 'when the fuuck did I become Platoon Commander?] FIX BAYONETS!!

CSM YOU [KICK] HAVEN'T [KICK] GOT [KICK] F'KING [KICK] BAYONETS [SEVERAL KICKS FOR EMPHASIS]

Devex OK, in that case GUN GROUP LEFT FLANKING, No2 Section Right in the dead ground [and other such bollox designed to make it seem like I had the faintest idea what the fukk to do next] I passed the course so he must have been impressed.

I cannot remember ever being issued a bayonet, apart from the odd parade.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
I cannot remember ever being issued a bayonet, apart from the odd parade.
Well as Green slime what did you expect? To be honest, I'm surprised they issued you with a rifle...

Latest Threads