Israeli kids sign their missiles

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by risingtrout, Aug 3, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Saw this on another forum - absolutley sick.

I hope the UN throws the book at Israel... nay, the entire library.

2. I'm sick of the whole lot of them on all sides...

3. ]

I couldn't agree more Monaro, but I fear that any resolution condemning Israel wouldn't get through as the US and UK will always veto any resolution that in any way casts Israel in a bad light. The US are too shit scared of p*ssing off the massive Jewish electorate in the US, and thereby losing out on their massive donations come election time, and the UK is.....frankly scared to p*ss off the US. Don't have to like it fellas, but as I see it, it's the way it is.

4. Don't even get me started on that one... :evil:

5. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

[quote="Bagster. The US are too s*** scared of p*ssing off the massive Jewish electorate in the US, and thereby losing out on their massive donations come election time, and the UK is.....frankly scared to p*ss off the US. Don't have to like it fellas, but as I see it, it's the way it is.[/quote]

Not disagreeing with you about the veto, but its a myth about the "massive Jewish electorate." Off the top of my head its less than 1.5% of the population in the USA.

6. of course those poor hezbollah and hamas freedom fighters would never dream of glorifying the deaths of innocent isrealis, they wouldnt have posters of "matyrs" all over the place

heaven forbid palistinian school children sing songs in school about blowing up isrealis

because if they did that would make them just as bad if not much worse for carrying out sick celebrations and that would mean by some peoples logic that they too deserve everything they get, including the death of their innocent civilians, and uk muslims must then accept that palastinian civilians are also legitimate targets for "martyrdom operations"

7. Just when you think that nothing else in that sick, sorry mess can surprise you...

8. Not disagreeing with you about the veto, but its a myth about the "massive Jewish electorate." Off the top of my head its less than 1.5% of the population in the USA.[/quote]

Thought it was more than that, but I'm more than happy to stand corrected on the matter. However, if the Jewish vote in the USA is so small, how come successive US administrations are so reluctant to p*ss them off?
    Not being argumentative, a genuine question.

9. Who do you mean? The Jewish American vote or the Israelis?

10. Maybe so, but you're forgetting a very important factor:

Israel is supposed to be a civilised country with laws, freedoms and rights. Just because Hezbollah and Hamas brainwash children into extremism does not give Israel the excuse to violate International Law by killing so many civis and use children in this way.

If I saw British children signing bombs for RAF planes I'd go mental.

It's wrong - children shouldn't be used in this way. Terrorists steal childhood and use this as a weapon - we should not lower ourselves to this level.

11. seriously doubt if this photo-op was set up by the isrealis

probably more likely that the girls were "encouraged" by the gang of photographers visible in the pictures

simaler to "green helmet man" staged propaganda (the man accompanied by a photographer who can be seen taking bodies out of an ambulance and posing as a greif striken rescue worker just recovering them")

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3284546,00.html#n

12. Thought it was more than that, but I'm more than happy to stand corrected on the matter. However, if the Jewish vote in the USA is so small, how come successive US administrations are so reluctant to p*ss them off?
    Not being argumentative, a genuine question.[/quote]

Because of where they are concentrated- Florida (27 electoral votes- in Miami-Dade County there are over half a million, the only bigger ethnic group are the Cubans); New York (31- 1.75million in NYC) and California (55- 490,000 in Los Angeles alone). Throw into the mix the amount of funding they have, the degree to which they are organised and the fact that they they turn out to vote at a much higher rate than most other Americans and you have a considerable degree of clout. The more tinfoil hatted people will also point to an influence in film, tv and print media, but think that's rather overstated.

According to a poll conducted on Capitol Hill by Forbes, AIPAC (American-Israel Public Affairs Committee) is considered to be the second most powerful lobbying group in Washington, second only to the AARP (American Association of Retired People) and actually ahead of the NRA.

Edit- There's also the fact that a lot of the aid money given to Israel comes back to states and congressional districts via defence contractors. I can't imagine Marietta, Georgia or Fort Worth, Texas having big Jewish populations, but that's where Lockheed Martin builds C130s and F16s. Which way do you think the representatives from those districts are going to vote on aid bills to Israel?

Oh, and there are the links to the Evangelical right as well.

13. agreed, i wouldnt want to see british children signing bombs, however if you were a child and you'd spent days in and out of air shelters and then journos encouraged you to sign arty shells for associated press photographs i doubt you would be able to fully appreciate right from wrong.

a lot of journos seems to be twisting the facts of the isreali/lebanese war that i now question everything

i am very very cynical when i see news reports these days. as many at best have selective reporting with crucial facts left out, and at worst are staged for propaganda means