• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Israeli is lynched after killing four on bus

8O 8O

A right-wing Jewish terrorist opened fire on a bus full of Palestinians in Israel yesterday killing at least four people before he was beaten to death by a lynch mob.

The incident, the worst terrorist attack by an Israeli extremist for at least five years, threatened the planned withdrawal of all 7,500 Jewish settlers from Gaza.

There were fears that the gunman, an Orthodox, Right-wing settler from the West Bank, hoped to draw enough police and soldiers away from Gaza to lead to a postponement of the withdrawal.

Witnesses described how Eden Natan-zada, 19, boarded the bus in the Arab Israeli town of Shfaram wearing Israeli army uniform before getting into an altercation with the driver.

He then opened fire. While Palestinians are forbidden to carry firearms in Israel, Jewish Israelis are allowed to bear arms.

The police later said the dead included the driver and two female passengers. Twelve people were also wounded as he fired at the passengers.

In the chaotic aftermath, there were reports that the bus was surrounded by a mob trying to get at the gunman. Police tried to intervene but failed and he was eventually killed by a mob of hundreds who surrounded the vehicle throwing stones and bottles, injuring five policemen.

Television pictures showed the gunman's crumpled body next to the damaged bus. The government has warned repeatedly that Jewish extremists could resort to terrorism to try to stop the Gaza withdrawal. While ministers will condemn the shooting, the image of a Jew being lynched by Palestinians may lead to demands for retribution.

Ariel Sharon, the Israeli prime minister, said the attack was "a sinful act by a bloodthirsty terrorist".

He added: "This terror incident is a deliberate attempt to harm the relations between the citizens of Israel. Terror between civilians is the most dangerous thing for the future of Israel and its democratic stability."

The situation remained tense last night and police in Shfaram were reported to be preparing for violent protests.

The gunman was reported to have deserted from the army in protest against the Gaza pullout. He was from Tapuach in the West Bank, which is home to some of the most extreme settlers. It is dominated by followers of the American-born Rabbi Meir Kahane, who believed in expelling Arabs from Israel. Kahane was murdered in New York in 1990.
[c]Telegraph

Are the IDF off to bulldoze the shooter's family's house? Thought not - still, hardly worth it as they'll be moving out anyway...

Stomp the man to death....the usual muslim brand of justice :roll:

I reckon a fair few Londoners would have welcomed the chance to stomp our Islamikaze bombers to death too, at least the last lot of cretins.

From what it sound like the bloke was touched by the fairies, as he had been AWOL for a while and was still cutting about in his kit.

Mind you I thought it was only the Met Police that shot fare dodgers

armourer said:
Im pretty sure they would have shot him, but they aren't allowed to carry arms, whereas the jewish isrealis are...

Not a nice death either way, but he was doing something equally as bad as any palestinian terrorist.

Also it saves the cost of putting him on trail, and then sending him to prison.

Justice the Judge Dredd way, back of the net!

Dzerzhinskiey said:
armourer said:
I thought it was beheading? Wouldn't have liked to been the first copper attending-"stop that please". I wonder what would happen to a Palestinian suicide bomber if he had a fizzler on a bus. Do you think people would just stand there waiting for the cops to arrive?
Also, many Christian Palestinians of course.

Suprised the t*sser was in IDF uniform at all. Ultra-orthodox Jews are the only group exempted as a matter of course from the Israeli military draft if they can show that service would interupt their studies at yeshiva (Judaic religious school). This, of course, leads to the 'interesting' situation of young Israelis, many of whom have absolutely no interest in holding on to the 'occupied territories' providing protection for people who are causing many of the problems in the first place and yet, for the most part, refuse to serve what they see as a secular and illegitimate Israeli State. If I were a young Israeli conscript, I'd be relishing the chance to evict the b*stards at gun-point.

strut_jack said:
I reckon a fair few Londoners would have welcomed the chance to stomp our Islamikaze bombers to death too, at least the last lot of cretins.
Oh yeah? I reckon you're completely wrong - I could understand desperate, downtrodden people doing it out of retribution, but 'civilised' Brits don't go in for that brand of retaliation

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
frenchperson said:
strut_jack said:
Oh yeah? I reckon you're completely wrong - I could understand desperate, downtrodden people doing it out of retribution, but 'civilised' Brits don't go in for that brand of retaliation
For someone who professes to be well read and intelligent, you show a surprising lack of understanding of crowd psychology.

How many tours of NI did you do ?

Cutaway said:
frenchperson said:
strut_jack said:
For someone who professes to be well read and intelligent, you show a surprising lack of understanding of crowd psychology.

How many tours of NI did you do ?
Cuts,
I don't think he's been to a Leeds, Cardiff City or Millwall match in a while either.

Interesting story though- real 'Man bites Dog' stuff.