Israeli helmet cover

Discussion in 'Multinational HQ' started by glasshammer, Jul 21, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone know why the israeli helmet cover looks like it does. Is it to do with disrupting head shape for camouflage or does it give them the edge on they enemy enabling them to get the first shot off whilst the enemy is rolling about pissing themselves with laughter?

2. gives them more shade.

3. The Mitznefet is a covering for the infantry helmet used by the Israeli Defense Forces as of 1994. It is considerably larger than the helmet, giving the impression of a militarised chef's hat. The purpose of the floppy helmet cover is to break up the distinctive outline of a helmeted head and thus assist in the camouflage of the wearer. It was originally adapted in the 1990s for guerrilla warfare in the wood and bush land of south Lebanon, later adding a two sided camo, one for desert and one for woodland terrain. The Mitznefet is easily removable, and can be attached to the helmet while folded.[SUP][1][/SUP]
    The term comes from the mitznefet, or turban, worn by the high priest in the Temple of Jerusalem, originating in a Hebrew language root meaning "to wrap".

• Like Like x 2
  4. Cheers I always wondered why they wore them. I wonder what the reaction would be if they were introduced over here? There would be all sorts of strange shaping going on especially airborne flat cap lol

5. Pretty sure that's the whole point. Wouldn't be too practical in wooded areas though

6. I may be wrong, but I believe FB was actually making a joke of it, sarcasm if you like.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

• Like Like x 2
  7. I don't know what the fuss is about.

This mitznefet doesn't look at all ridiculous, and certainly wouldn't get in the way, or get snagged at a critical moment. Oh no, rather practical and very smart.

105_0010.jpg

Hayim Rosenbaum.
    mitznefet salesman of the year 2013.

• Like Like x 5
  8. Yes yes. But it also allows for a lot more ciggies and compo to be carried.

9. I suppose a couple of lads could chuck theirs over an APC in an emergency

10. Let me guess, you're not serving

11. head.png

• Like Like x 3
  12. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

As in every military you have some old school who say "Screw this for a bunch of soldiers..."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Does it double as an air-tight shower cap?

14. The killer was the new regimental song

15. Israeli helmet cover? Thought they ditched those shortly after birth, surely?

• Like Like x 7