Israeli Ballistic Missile Interceptor

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Not_Whistlin_Dixie, Aug 15, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This may, in the not too distant future, be fielded against the Iranian Shahab 3 intermediate range ballistic missile. Iran successfully tested Shahab 3 earlier this week.

This weapon is called "Arrow 2." It is based on an improved Patriot missile.

It is supposed to be capable of destroying both ballistic missiles, out to a maximum altitude of fifty thousand meters, and low altitude air-breathing threats. Maximum intercept range is ninety thousand meters.

It has an explosive warhead with a fifty meter kill radius. The linked article does not specify the composition or mass of the explosive charge.

Maximum velocity: Mach 9.

Guidance system: infra-red and active radar.

I suppose that the attacker's predictable counter-measure would be to fill the sky with so many threat-like objects as to swamp the system's defensive capability.
  2. The Arrow 2's been around for a couple of years. The Israelis fast-tracked its development after the dismal failure of Patriot to intercept a single incoming Scud in the first Gulf war.
  3. simple really work out how many weapons the israels can possible fire so
    double the number of incoming, ones bound to get through.
    Better off trying to act like you live on the same planet as each other
    so people dont start playing with ballistic missles . Mad worked for the big boys
    and even india and pakistian have not lost it .
    so there may be hope for the persians and the jews
  4. Not that simple. If the Israelis suspect that any of the incoming is nuclear-tipped, then Teheran will rapidly become a glow-in-the-dark hole in the ground. Their Jericho missiles and sub-launched cruise couild hit any target in the Middle East. They've got between 120 and 200 warheads. The Iranians would be making a major and very final mistake.
  5. He's got it right, they should kill each other the old fashioned way with guns and roses.
  6. It might help if the Arabs/Persians tried to advance from the 15th century into the 21st. The Communists got one thing right, religion is the opium of the masses. More people have been killed in the name of superstitious claptrap than for any other reason. Islam's stuck in a timewarp. Sod them all.
  7. A man after my own heart............... :D
  8. actually when it comes to deaths i think atheist stalin ,hitler,mao,
    and pol pot got higher numbers than any religiouses war per sa, but i guess a historian could give you a better % of total population as more people were alive in 20 th century than previous generations .
    Oh and not forgetting the hutu /tutusi genocide that one was ethnic wasent it
    and the armenian genocide ethnic again .
    I presume if iran was going to fling missles at israel they would expect to be take some incoming just as long as they got some jews !so mad would apply
  9. Wrong matey, hoary old myth time.

Many many more people have been killed by the anti religious dics of the 20th cemtury (Adolf, Vlad uncle Joe, the Chairman etc etc) than have ever been killed in all of history by "religion".
  10. (Quickly adapted from US NRA mantra)...

Remember, religion doesn't kill people, politicians kill people...
  11. Wait untill I launch my crusade on behalf of Odin......... :twisted: You ain't seen nothin' yet. Bernoulli will have to reopen the Welsh pits to cope with the bodycount.
  12. Absolutely, because they had the population available to slaughter and technology to do it. Give it time.