Israeli attacks "a declaration of war"

Syria's deputy foreign minister has branded Israeli airstrikes on military targets near Damascus a 'declaration of war' as the crisis in the conflict ravaged country threatened to escalate.

Speaking to CNN, Faisal al Mekdad said Syria would retaliate against Israel "in its own time and way."
Israeli attacks are a 'declaration of war' says Syrian deputy foreign minister - Middle East - World - The Independent
Seemed like the most appropriate place to put this. Move/delete if not
Perhaps that last quote might get a few Americans nervous

Lets hear it for the four by twos , don't **** abut or sit on the sidelines like Barry....if it looks like a threat twat it.

Well, clearly all the surrounding arab nations will pile in on Syria's side against the pedestrians...

Or maybe they'll shrug their shoulders and like the Spams, conveniently let them do the dirty work for them!

(To be honest, I would be surprised if the Yids didn't have agreement from everyone else before going in.)

Nehustan

On ROPS
On ROPs
Well, clearly all the surrounding arab nations will pile in on Syria's side against the pedestrians...

Or maybe they'll shrug their shoulders and like the Spams, conveniently let them do the dirty work for them!

(To be honest, I would be surprised if the Yids didn't have agreement from everyone else before going in.)
War by proxy until the lines are more clearly defined I'd hazard a guess.

You would think Assad would have more sense to go antagonising the Israelis while his own country is in revolt. Especially considering his family has been on their shit list for decades.

Nehustan

On ROPS
On ROPs
You would think Assad would have more sense to go antagonising the Israelis while his own country is in revolt. Especially considering his family has been on their shit list for decades.
I'd guess his gambit is a partitioned middle east (as is Iran's) at stalemate. It's not too far from that already with swords partly drawn. Israel is about to appear as a vague side show rather than the main attraction. The cold war in the region is definitely hotting up...

Sent from my GT-I9300

S

swampmonster

War?

After all the fighting in that part of the world would that word even matter anymore?

Other arab states have their own internal issues, though in the western press it is not at the forefront of the news. I read somewhere in a local rag that some of the Int to Israel may have come from the rebels (who have a greater interest to see that either Assad does not keep or use the arms /Hezb is not a recipient of advanced arms either), however it is purely speculation.

Times of Israel reporting yesterday that POTUS has brokered an alliance between Turkey,UAE, Saudi AND Israel, allegedly to keep Iran in its box rather than actually attacking it.

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend?"

Can't do linky from work, maybe Arik can put one up?

I'd guess his gambit is a partitioned middle east (as is Iran's) at stalemate. It's not too far from that already with swords partly drawn. Israel is about to appear as a vague side show rather than the main attraction. The cold war in the region is definitely hotting up...

Sent from my GT-I9300
I have just started reading James Barr's "A line in the Sand", A really eye-opening account of how the middle east got carved up by Sykes-Picot. The British and French fought what amounted to a proxy war against each other whilst being allies..us supporting Lebanese terrorists to fight the French and fomenting rebellion in Syria, and later the French arming and supporting the irgun and stern gang...hell of a lot of stuff I didn't know, I wonder if Blair or Barry or indeed Hague has read it?

Don't be silly, Blair is far too busy being a special envoy to the middle east. A fantastic job that should see him bring peace and stabil............oh hang on one sec.................Blair is a fucktard

I have just started reading James Barr's "A line in the Sand", A really eye-opening account of how the middle east got carved up by Sykes-Picot. The British and French fought what amounted to a proxy war against each other whilst being allies..us supporting Lebanese terrorists to fight the French and fomenting rebellion in Syria, and later the French arming and supporting the irgun and stern gang...hell of a lot of stuff I didn't know, I wonder if Blair or Barry or indeed Hague has read it?
An absolutely essential book.

But I doubt anyone at the FCO will put it on a reading list....

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

Times of Israel reporting yesterday that POTUS has brokered an alliance between Turkey,UAE, Saudi AND Israel, allegedly to keep Iran in its box rather than actually attacking it.

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend?"

Can't do linky from work, maybe Arik can put one up?
http://www.timesofisrael.com/israel-reportedly-may-join-defense-pact-with-saudi-arabia-uae/

There you go. Distant Relative of mine over there sent me the link earlier.

Sent via Heliograph from the Jebel Birkenhead

Ah, bugger, yet another title added to my long list of "To Read".

Keep meaning to read it but in the middle of Thomas Packenham's Boer War so it will have to wait a wee wait longer.

Sent via Heliograph from the Jebel Birkenhead

Nehustan

On ROPS
On ROPs
A book for me to read too as the partitioning of the middle east is a crucial axis point for the region; the FO contra IO; betrayal of the Arab revolt; opening of doors for the Zionist homeland in the Levant; creation of RSA; exploitation of oil

What I was actually thinking of was a more modern line in the sand drawn from Syria, across Iraq, and toward Persia. The fractious point in the Levant/Shams being Syria, in the Gulf Bahrain.

Sent from my Nexus 7