• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Israeli army used human shields

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/6432133.stm

An Israeli human rights group has accused Israel's army of using two young Palestinians as human shields during a recent raid in the West Bank.

The B'Tselem group said it had testimony from a 15-year-old boy, his 24-year-old cousin and also an 11-year-old boy.

They said soldiers had forced them at gunpoint to enter houses ahead of the troops during the raid in Nablus.

The use of human shields is illegal under Israeli and international law.

KGB_resident said:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/6432133.stm

An Israeli human rights group has accused Israel's army of using two young Palestinians as human shields during a recent raid in the West Bank.

The B'Tselem group said it had testimony from a 15-year-old boy, his 24-year-old cousin and also an 11-year-old boy.

They said soldiers had forced them at gunpoint to enter houses ahead of the troops during the raid in Nablus.

The use of human shields is illegal under Israeli and international law.
Utter rubbish and even it it were true, I don't give a toss.

I've seen the newsreel of this on the TV it looked like they were acting as guides for the IDF.

Blowing yourself up in a market is against International law but that doesn't stop muslim terror scum from doing it.

edited to add the word up.......

Thank you for interesting comments. However the problem exists. And it is a very serious one.

http://www.btselem.org/English/Press_Releases/20021114.asp

14 Nov. 02

In its new report, B'Tselem exposes a list of incidents in which the IDF violated a High Court of Justice injunction by using Palestinians as human shields (as part of the "neighbor procedure"). The report reveals for the first time that IDF soldiers also used Palestinian civilians in the action that led to the killing of Iyad Sawalha in Jenin last Saturday.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/5212870.stm

25 July 2006

The Israeli army has been accused of using Palestinian civilians as human shields in an operation in northern Gaza.
According to the Israeli human rights group, B'tselem, six civilians including two minors were subjected to the illegal tactic during an incursion into the town of Beit Hanoun last week.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/4333982.stm

The Israeli Defence Ministry will appeal against a supreme court ruling banning the use of Palestinian human shields in raids, officials said.
Defence Minister Shaul Mofaz is prepared to make a personal appearance in court to defend the practice, ministry officials added.

Human rights groups have frequently condemned the use of human shields.
So IDF (in theory a law-abiding, the most human army in the World) openly violates international law, the ruling of a High Court of Justice. Moreover, the minister of defense thinks that usage of human shields is absolutely lawfull.

You'd think that the Israeli human rights group, B'tselem would spend more time looking into the human rights of those Israeli's murdered and those injured by the muslim terrorist scum instead of making up lies in suport of these terrorist filth.

Sorry its not true, have you tried to carry a rifle in one hand whilst holding a 15 year old lad in the other??

spiffy said:
You'd think that the Israeli human rights group, B'tselem would spend more time looking into the human rights of those Israeli's murdered and those injured by the muslim terrorist scum instead of making up lies in suport of these terrorist filth.
Exactly, Betzelem never tend to dwell on those sort of things - it is unfashionable!!

A 15 year old 'human shield' is not much in the way of personal protection, usually too short and not enough body mass!! If they trip a device at close range you dont stand much of a chance I reckon!!

As ever KGBR your search in articles is on track!!

Arik said:
spiffy said:
Exactly, Betzelem never tend to dwell on those sort of things - it is unfashionable!!

A 15 year old 'human shield' is not much in the way of personal protection, usually too short and not enough body mass!! If they trip a device at close range you dont stand much of a chance I reckon!!

Hi Arik!

The purpose of a human shield is not to be a body armour. An enemy whould fear to kill a person (especially a child) who walks in front of a soldier or a terrorist. I hope you agree that terrorists frequently use human shields.

This method is well known and is being used during centuries. But in 21st century is absolutely unacceptable. It is banned by international legislation and (in Israel) by the rulling of the High Court of Justice.

So we come to another question. Suppose that a High Court in a democratic country decides something. Then should anybody (including army) obey the ruling?

Arik, forget for a moment the whole discussion, human shields and try to answer my, in fact abstract, question. I know you as a highly intelligent person. So your answer would be undoubtly - YES.

Hugh_Jardon said:
Just watching it on the news now. My arrse are those bullet holes in that hoody... Look more like guides to me too
Let's read The Daily Telegraph

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/03/10/wmid10.xml

The Israeli army stood accused last night of forcing an 11-year-old girl to act as a human shield during a raids in the West Bank.
The Israeli Defence Force said it was investigating the claims of the use of civilians in military operations, a practice that has been ruled illegal by Israel's Supreme Court and is prohibited by the Geneva conventions.
Jihan's mother, Tahani Dadush, 34, described how her daughter was taken by the soldiers.

"They pulled my daughter from my hands and shut the door," Mrs Dadush said.

"They pushed my husband, Nimer, who was trying to stop them taking Jihan."

Jihan was then allegedly forced to open the door of the suspect house and enter before the soldiers swarmed past her.
It contravenes the Fourth Geneva Convention and is in breach of a 2002 ruling by the Israeli High Court banning the practice.

An Israeli army spokesman said an internal investigation had been launched and declined to say whether the army abided by the High Court ruling that outlawed the use of human shields.

We should try the same, using chavs. They would make excellent searchers for car bombs they can break into houses and steal without conscience ( i's p't uv dur cu'tur' ini't) The israelis seem to have the problem in hand.

KGB_resident said:
Arik said:
spiffy said:

Hi Arik!

The purpose of a human shield is not to be a body armour. An enemy whould fear to kill a person (especially a child) who walks in front of a soldier or a terrorist. I hope you agree that terrorists frequently use human shields.

This method is well known and is being used during centuries. But in 21st century is absolutely unacceptable. It is banned by international legislation and (in Israel) by the rulling of the High Court of Justice.

So we come to another question. Suppose that a High Court in a democratic country decides something. Then should anybody (including army) obey the ruling?

Arik, forget for a moment the whole discussion, human shields and try to answer my, in fact abstract, question. I know you as a highly intelligent person. So your answer would be undoubtly - YES.
Since when have muslim terrorist filth ever worried about who they kill ?

KGB_resident said:
spiffy said:
Since when have muslim terrorist filth ever worried about who they kill ?
Terrorist in Beslan had several hundreds strong human shield. What is your proposition? To mirror terrorist tactics?
You say that like they had an escape plan and just wanted to make a political statement?

Civilisation v Barbarism?

Latest Threads