Israeli Ambassador to be expelled from UK (apparently)

So what will it achieve giving Israel the hump?,no Ambassador = no talks = no 2 state solution = more of the same.

So what will it achieve giving Israel the hump?,no Ambassador = no talks = no 2 state solution = more of the same.
link to a news story or an article?

On the other hand, what will it achieve not giving Israel the hump? Ambassador = no talks = no 2 state solution = more of the same.

Israel's very careful only to offer negotiations on terms they're confident the Pals will refuse.

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
A cynic would say it's a PR stunt. Achieves the square root of fcuk all while allowing the UK to pose as a supporter of 'justice' on the world stage.

Wordsmith

On the other hand, what will it achieve not giving Israel the hump? Ambassador = no talks = no 2 state solution = more of the same.

Israel's very careful only to offer negotiations on terms they're confident the Pals will refuse.
and pretty much the same approach as the Pals

Thinking about it. If Fatah was to offer to drop their Article 12(?) destruction of Israel, just how sideswiped would Israel be.....?

Thinking about it. If Fatah was to offer to drop their Article 12(?) destruction of Israel, just how sideswiped would Israel be.....?
The PLO (Fatah's parent organisation) recognised Israel's right to exist in peace and security 19 years ago.

The PLO (Fatah's parent organisation) recognised Israel's right to exist in peace and security 19 years ago.
1993, Yasser Arafat's letter to Yitzhak Rabin. Which led to to the Oslo Accord.
Fatah doesn't yet seem to have dropped their Article 12. The PLO is more of an umbrella body, which Fatah and Hamas both belonged to at some point

Definitely. They're each as bad as the other in that respect.

Thing is, Fatah aren't 'the Middle East's only secular democratic state'[SUP]TM[/SUP]. We can be forgiven for expecting from each what they’ve told us to.

1993, Yasser Arafat's letter to Yitzhak Rabin. Which led to to the Oslo Accord.
Fatah doesn't yet seem to have dropped their Article 12. The PLO is more of an umbrella body, which Fatah and Hamas both belonged to at some point
Yes, it's a bit of a tricky one. Personally I think both sides are their own worst enemies. Israel exists and it isn't going away (nor should it) unless it commits some spectacular act of national suicide; the Palestinians need to accept that. On the other hand Israel needs to grasp the fact that there's a limit to how long they can keep on sticking up two fingers to world opinion and by this point they've pretty much reached it.

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
So what will it achieve giving Israel the hump?
Wow. Six down in today's Telegraph crossword...

"A hairy South American mammal in red robes who wants to be back in Tibet".

Five letters... Ll*m*. I thought it might be Limahl out of Kajagoogoo. But that is six letters.

Wow. Six down in today's Telegraph crossword...

"A hairy South American mammal in red robes who wants to be back in Tibet".

Five letters... Ll*m*. I thought it might be Limahl out of Kajagoogoo. But that is six letters.

Presumably, that would be the Dalai Telegraph?

Veal, all week, etc.

Yes, it's a bit of a tricky one. Personally I think both sides are their own worst enemies. Israel exists and it isn't going away (nor should it) unless it commits some spectacular act of national suicide; the Palestinians need to accept that. On the other hand Israel needs to grasp the fact that there's a limit to how long they can keep on sticking up two fingers to world opinion and by this point they've pretty much reached it.
You'd have thought that someone in the West or the UN would have pointed out by now that for a Country born out of a deliberate atempt to completely wipe the race and religion from the face of the earth, an enemy who declares that they will do the same again is not going to be a good idea..........

You'd have thought that someone in the West or the UN would have pointed out by now that for a Country born out of a deliberate atempt to completely wipe the race and religion from the face of the earth, an enemy who declares that they will do the same again is not going to be a good idea..........
Hmmmm…*not sure on your history lessons.
Jabotinsky was working towards a Jewish State in Palestine from 1920, and Irgun dates from 1931, 3 years before old Adolph got promoted to Fuehrer.

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
What happened in Germany and Eastern Europe to the Jews, happened 3 generations ago and has little, if any relevance to the current situation on the ground.

As a child I was dressed up as a girl and spanked by wicked Aunties. But as a man I realise I cant claim that as mitigation for my acts.

Apart from Peppy the Springer Spaniel. Who threw herself into the river wearing my Auntie Clemmy's nightie. On fire. Try and wipe out the race and religion of my toy soldier collection will you Clemmy, you bitch?

Israel is well past the point of bleating on about the horrors of WW2 and in its defence, it does not.

Jabotinsky was working towards a Jewish State in Palestine from 1920, and Irgun dates from 1931, 3 years before old Adolph got promoted to Fuehrer.
True.....and not to be forgotten. However, the people who made the State of Israel post WWII were largely the survivors of the Holocaust. Within 3 years of getting out of a Europe that had mostly connived in their genocide they're faced by the Arab League who's Secrectary wrote in 1947 "I personally wish that the Jews do not drive us to this war, as this will be a war of extermination and a momentous massacre which will be spoken of like the Mongolian massacres and the Crusades"

That's not a good way to start

Not sure that Jabotinsky would approve of the present situation from what I've read of him but then I don't expect he thought that the Zionists would be so overwhelmingly vicious or the Arabs so blind to every opportunity that came their way.

Latest Threads