Israel to attack "within days"

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by para_medic, Apr 18, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Times reports:
  2. I hope this is just sabre rattling, this could get very messy if true.
  3. It's the standard monthly reminder by the Tel Aviv lobby that they are far more important than any concerns that we have about our own economic woes or the sordid affairs of New Labour.

If they repeat the same refrain enough times, they hope, people will just assume (wrongly) the inevitability of a military strike by the IDF.
  4. They'll wait until after Iran's 'election' in June to see which way Iran is going.
  5. As long as the wait until after Thursday, I am coming back to UK that day.
  6. They'll be waiting for Washington and/or Riyadh to provide overflight clearance. Is that likely to be forthcoming?
  7. That could be messy.
  8. wouldn't they be going the wrong way flying over Washington? :wink: :D
  9. I think the US will have something to say on this matter anyway?

We would not make the threat [against Iran] without the force to back it. There has been a recent move, a number of on-the-ground preparations, that indicate Israel's willingness to act,” said another official from Israel's intelligence community.

He added that it was unlikely that Israel would carry out the attack without receiving at least tacit approval from America, which has struck a more reconciliatory tone in dealing with Iran under its new administration.

An Israeli attack on Iran would entail flying over Jordanian and Iraqi airspace, where US forces have a strong presence.

Ephraim Kam the DD of NSS commented on the fact the US would'nt approve of the attack anyway as there unsure the attack would be successful
  10. Not in a million years will they get it from D.C. It'll be via northern Saudi Arabia.
  11. And under what conditions do you think Riyadh will look the other way whilst IDF aircraft stream over their territory? Iran is a very different kettle of fish to Osirak.
  12. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

The sooner the better.
  13. I doubt it'll just be an overflight - they might even set up a FOB there. Saudi hates Iran, and won't have a problem letting the IDF through in exchange for Iran getting a kicking. They'd protest in public of course about the airspace violation, but that would be the end of the matter.
  14. If that were the case, it would have happened already. Why hasn't it?
  15. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Er, time and time again, Shia and Suuni Extremist groups (okay, not necessarily including the Al Sauds, but they can be cordial if its for the common good - and both despise Israel) have co-operated if it serves a greater purpose against the kuffir.