Israel supplied Iran with nuclear technologies? Really?

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/943902.html

The Central Intelligence Agency, backed by bodies including the State Department's Bureau of Intelligence and Research and the Defense Intelligence Agency, determined in August 1974 that Israel had nuclear "weapons in being," a "small number" of which it "produced and stockpiled."

Israel was also suspected of providing nuclear materials, equipment or technology to Iran, South Africa and other then-friendly countries.

KGB_resident said:

The Central Intelligence Agency, backed by bodies including the State Department's Bureau of Intelligence and Research and the Defense Intelligence Agency, determined in August 1974 that Israel had nuclear "weapons in being," a "small number" of which it "produced and stockpiled."

Israel was also suspected of providing nuclear materials, equipment or technology to Iran, South Africa and other then-friendly countries.
You missed this bit:

While Israel's nuclear weapons "cannot be proven beyond a shadow of doubt," several bodies of information point strongly toward a program stretching back over a number of years, the document states.
It's all conjecture and here say. There is still no proof.

Sergey it's well know that Pakistan supplied Iran, Syria, and North Korea with Nuclear technologies during the 90's.

Sorry.. ok back to your Israel bashing..

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
Yeah, that deffo happened. After all, the septics sold their nuclear technology to Russia during the cold war, and China, just to make sure it was a level playing field if it all went hot.

There was a documentary some years ago claiming that Thor Chemicals of Margate made "Red Mercury". The nuclear trigger stuff for Saddam.

Mossad were suspected (so the prog went) of setting about some Thor directors with a chainsaw in South Africa.

I don't know what to believe.

But Thor had a fire at their Margate HQ a couple of weeks ago. Quite a large warehouse chemical fire of a facility used for storing their product of fire retardant chemicals. ( bit like Arfur Daley's frost damaged fridges)

Would it be reasonable to opine, that if their alleged nuclear trigger device and their fire retardant chemicals were made to the same quality, that Saddam might have pushed the button but his nuclear device would not have gone bang ? (even if he had nuclear weapons)

However beware of Middle Eastern arms purchasers hotfoot to Margate to buy up the fire retardant chemicals. ?

ghost_us said:
KGB_resident said:

You missed this bit:

While Israel's nuclear weapons "cannot be proven beyond a shadow of doubt," several bodies of information point strongly toward a program stretching back over a number of years, the document states.
It's all conjecture and here say. There is still no proof.

Sergey it's well know that Pakistan supplied Iran, Syria, and North Korea with Nuclear technologies during the 90's.

Sorry.. ok back to your Israel bashing..
Israel bashing? Where do you see it mate?

I would like to attract your attention to another quote

This top secret document, consigned to the CIA's vaults for almost 32 years, was suddenly released to the public this week, during U.S. President George W. Bush's visit to Israel...
It looks as anti-Semites in CIA and States deparment try to spoil relations between the USA and Israel.

It looks as anti-Semites in CIA and States deparment try to spoil relations between the USA and Israel.
Or there are still some old school CIA left in Langley, who can spot the potential for lunacy when they see it and move to disarm it quickly?

PartTimePongo said:
Or there are still some old school CIA left in Langley, who can spot the potential for lunacy when they see it and move to disarm it quickly?
Well they have been a bit slow off the starting block in that case.

Sorry Arik, I meant the potential for lunacy re. an attack on Iran , and other rhetoric designed to inflame the situation.

PartTimePongo said:
Sorry Arik, I meant the potential for lunacy re. an attack on Iran , and other rhetoric designed to inflame the situation.[/quote]

PTP - I doubt that however powerful the CIA is, that even they can control the rhetoric coming out of Pres. 'Admin Jihads' mouth! :)

Nicely parried Arik ;)

Where's Mora when you need an insightful and well informed post on matters Israeli? :wink:

Ahhhh Mora...!

Those were the days. :x

If I remember correctly, wasn't she the one who turned out to be a rather hot little number who had moved to the US? Somebody posted a piccie of her which was rather quickly removed. Am I on the right track PTP?

Please do not bring her back, I reckon she is from Sderot and suffers shell shock myself.
Hahahahahhaa that theory has been floated before. Well that and HizB were only firing into Israel to hit her computer.

PartTimePongo said:
Please do not bring her back, I reckon she is from Sderot and suffers shell shock myself.
Hahahahahhaa that theory has been floated before. Well that and HizB were only firing into Israel to hit her computer.
I dare to note, PTP, that Sderot is near Gaza Strip, quite far from Lebanon.

It seems to me that new 'Mora's are growing up in big numbers

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?apage=1&cid=1198517344782&pagename=JPost/JPArticle/ShowFull

Child warriors in West Bank outposts

Such fine girls. Giggling and lively, but also very respectful of their elders - and very serious, very committed to their political cause... The two girls I interviewed at their ulpana (religious girls' school) in the Samarian hills ... are 15 and 16 years old.
I ask them whom they see as their leaders, and they name a few rabbis including Yitzhak Ginzburg, publisher of a book of tribute to Baruch Goldstein.

What about Meir Kahane? I ask.

"Oh, Rabbi Kahane, of course, we forgot," says Sara, and the two smile in embarrassment at the oversight.

And what do the girls at the ulpana, which has some 200 pupils, mainly from the settlements, say about Baruch Goldstein? "He was my family doctor," replies Sara.
The new stars of the outpost movement, however, are the seven girls who've been in police detention since getting arrested on December 25 at the Givat Ha'or outpost... The girls are 14 and 15...
"They're good girls, quiet. They love Eretz Yisrael very much. They know we're in a war now with those who always want to throw Jews out of Eretz Yisrael. They're true idealists. It's impressive to see young girls who have the fire of Eretz Yisrael burning inside them," says the director, a friendly, energetic woman in her 40s, sitting in her office.

The seven girls could have been released from prison anytime, she notes, but they refused to give their names or cooperate in any way with the court. "They don't recognize the court's jurisdiction because it doesn't pass judgment according to the laws of the Torah," the director explains.

KGB_resident said:
PartTimePongo said:
I dare to note, PTP, that Sderot is near Gaza Strip, quite far from Lebanon.

It seems to me that new 'Mora's ar growing up in big numbers

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?apage=1&cid=1198517344782&pagename=JPost/JPArticle/ShowFull

Child warriors in West Bank outposts

Such fine girls. Giggling and lively, but also very respectful of their elders - and very serious, very committed to their political cause... The two girls I interviewed at their ulpana (religious girls' school) in the Samarian hills ... are 15 and 16 years old.
I ask them whom they see as their leaders, and they name a few rabbis including Yitzhak Ginzburg, publisher of a book of tribute to Baruch Goldstein.

What about Meir Kahane? I ask.

"Oh, Rabbi Kahane, of course, we forgot," says Sara, and the two smile in embarrassment at the oversight.

And what do the girls at the ulpana, which has some 200 pupils, mainly from the settlements, say about Baruch Goldstein? "He was my family doctor," replies Sara.
The new stars of the outpost movement, however, are the seven girls who've been in police detention since getting arrested on December 25 at the Givat Ha'or outpost... The girls are 14 and 15...
"They're good girls, quiet. They love Eretz Yisrael very much. They know we're in a war now with those who always want to throw Jews out of Eretz Yisrael. They're true idealists. It's impressive to see young girls who have the fire of Eretz Yisrael burning inside them," says the director, a friendly, energetic woman in her 40s, sitting in her office.

The seven girls could have been released from prison anytime, she notes, but they refused to give their names or cooperate in any way with the court. "They don't recognize the court's jurisdiction because it doesn't pass judgment according to the laws of the Torah," the director explains.
Any chance of explaining that last post so that we can see what point you are trying to make. After all, your original post was that the Israelis, who had a working reactor, supplied the Shah of Iran's regime with nuclear expertise. How does that equate to todays regime?

As this excellent book shows, Israeli-Iranian military co-operation continued- surprisingly- until around 1990/91: http://yalepress.yale.edu/yupbooks/book.asp?isbn=9780300120578

At which point, with Saddam in his box, AIPAC & Israeli Military Intelligence started banging on about Iran being the source of all the world's evil... to the surprised consternation of their erstwhile Persian allies.

Just to pre-empt you, ghost_us, read the book before you call me an anti-Semite (again).