Israel siezes 500 tonnes of munitions (In Pictures)

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by instinct, Nov 15, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The times with pictures of the munitions siezed by the Israeli military that were bound for lebanon.

Link here

2. I wonder how many 10s of thousands of tonnes of military aid Israel received? To beat the shit out of a few blokes with Guy Fawkes rockets and less than a couple of thousand AKs. Oh and a few thousands civvies that haven't got the space to get away from the nutters.

But don't worry, the Israelis have found that the enemy were trying to get a millionth of the firepower against them.

3. Im more worried who else is getting stuff like this!!! 8O

4. Warsaw Ghetto / Gaza - similarities?

5. How come the Israelis can seize a ship in international waters? Is that not piracy?

MsG

6. 'Cos their Dad (the USA) is bigger than everyone else's dad, so Israel can - and does - do whatever the hell it wants to.

7. The Guy Fawkes rockets are MLRS Grad missiles. They kill!

So stop talking bolloxs!

8. and the shinyest 107s I have seen for a long time...

F'cin things.... Gawd know where they would end up...

9. Yeah, because it's OK for the muslims to kill jews :roll:

10. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

It's a good catch. This 'war fighting materiel' was going to be used, not against military targets, but civilian.

If Israel feels it needs to interdict bombs and missiles in international waters that are going to be used against its civilian population, then you'll probably find it's got the suport of anyone with any common sense - notwithstanding Israel's ludicrous double standards regarding the occupied territories.

11. Lets put it this way. If there was a legitimate 'end user' certificate, say for the Syrian government, this would have been an illegal seizure. However, this was a gun-runner to an unknown recipient, (although it was almost certainly Hezbollah), so the shipment is illegal, and therefore, nickable.

Stopping arms proliferation isn't illegal. I believe its a legal obligation.

12. What, like the anti-tank missiles?

13. Yeah, because Hizbullah have never fire military weapons at civilians… :roll: :roll:

14. None, the Gazans arent being shipped out for relocation east. But for Bolshies it's good agitprop to claim.

15. Hardly Bolshy - I'm true-blue Tory, but if my country was taken over and I was shoved into what is in effect a ghetto I'm damned sure I'd fight back.

I do enjoy a certain schadenfreude at a state (Israel) founded on terrorism (Stern Gang etc.) howling about terrorists.