Israel "should have used more force"

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by pp0470, Aug 11, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BBC News - Israeli military chief defends Gaza flotilla raid

Is that the problem in Gaza too, not enough force?
  2. I wish we'd stay out of this. Let them crack on. Hopefully one day one side will just crush the other and get the bullshit over and done with.
  3. Israel staying classy since 1948.
  4. No the problem in Gaza is Hamas. But if it is violence that interests you Hamas is an interesting place to start your study. You will have lots to be going on with.

Incidentally, I have spoken at length to two of the chaps (one a US GW1 vet) who were involved in the resistance to the boarding of the MV Mavi Marmara and they were quite open about their intentions and boastful about the results.
  5. Ah yes the everlasting theme of Israel and military force. What's that expression I heard the techies use? Don't force it, use a bigger hammer. Could have been coined just for the Red Sea pedestrians.
  6. Israel, killing arab civs since 1948 and wondering why they don't love them…
  7. I seem to remember that Israel, as a country, was leased from one of the neighbouring countries. Maybe they're squabbling about the bill...