Israel ready to act over Iran

#5
Can we have a sweepstake ?

Israel already has the bombs needed - supplied courtesy of the US
Patriot is on place - hopefully improved.
 
#6
Shall we have a sidebet as to who Iranian Special Forces , Infiltration teams and Silkworm shooters will be having a go at? Let's have a sidebet as to which Nation's troops will have their hands full keeping the lid on the dramatic rise in insurgency in Iraq in response?

Big fat clue....

NOT Israel.

The US doesn't want to go in, and why should they if the Israelis will do it for them?
And it makes a change for the dog to wag the tail, so that's not going to happen either.

I like these proxy wars
So does the Israeli Government. The last time they tried a spot of warfare themselves, they got their arrses handed to them.
 
#7
PartTimePongo said:
Shall we have a sidebet as to who Iranian Special Forces , Infiltration teams and Silkworm shooters will be having a go at? Let's have a sidebet as to which Nation's troops will have their hands full keeping the lid on the dramatic rise in insurgency in Iraq in response?

Big fat clue....

NOT Israel.
Poland??? :p (Sorry couldn't resist)

There will be no war with Iran , no Israeli bombing of Iran, no nothing!

But that does not mean that Israel will not hit back at weaker Iranian allies.
 
#8
I will never understand the arrogance and hypocracy of those that think they have the 'right' to use violence upon others, and at the same time condemn others that for having the potential or temerity to do likewise. It is no different from the bully in the schholplayground who is frightened his 'powers' are waning.

And that, sadly, is Israel and the US in a nutshell. So powerful and omnipresent for so long, and now slipsliding down the influence ladder quicker than a politician called Cyclops.
 
#9
Just typing 'silkworm' made me think of something

[tinfoil hat on] What is the price of oil doing everytime Israel gets a cockstand for Iran? How many Israeli Corporate oil speculators are there? [/tinfoil hat off]
 
#10


Just to back up my theory that will be no hostilities - Look at the map, any war/hostilities with Iran would threaten the Persian Gulf and so jeopardise not only oil supply but the trade routes of western allies and the west.
 
#11
castlereagh said:


Just to back up my theory that will be no hostilities - Look at the map, any war/hostilities with Iran would threaten the Persian Gulf and so jeopardise not only oil supply but the trade routes of western allies and the west.
Or it will put US right on the Caspian sea.

"BEIJING, April 15 (Reuters) - Kazakhstan will support China in developing oil and gas resources on the continental shelf of the Caspian Sea, a joint communique by the two governments showed on Tuesday, as the two seek closer ties...
Beijing sees its central Asian neighbours as strategic partners to secure oil and gas supplies for its booming economy, while the latter view the world's second-largest energy user as an indispensible market to diversify away from their Western consumers." http://uk.reuters.com/article/oilRpt/idUKPEK22999320080415
 
#12
castlereagh said:


Just to back up my theory that will be no hostilities - Look at the map, any war/hostilities with Iran would threaten the Persian Gulf and so jeopardise not only oil supply but the trade routes of western allies and the west.
You really think Israel cares a shite about the rest of us?
Seriously, if Israel believes that Iran is about to succeed in building a nuke, they will believe Iran is about to 'wipe them from the map'. In their eyes, they will be no worse off attacking them now, and in fact would probably prefer doing it now than later, and consequences be damned.
 
B

Biscuits_AB

Guest
#13
Taz_786 said:
I wish they'd get on wth it then.

I'm getting bored of waiting *yawn*
I wish they'd get on with it as I just hate Iran. Sick to f*cking death of them. Go Israel!

The 'fall out' will be interesting...(anybody see what I did there?)
 
#14
You really think Israel cares a shite about the rest of us?
Seriously, if Israel believes that Iran is about to succeed in building a nuke, they will believe Iran is about to 'wipe them from the map'. In their eyes, they will be no worse off attacking them now, and in fact would probably prefer doing it now than later, and consequences be damned.
No, but they would quickly give a damn if they had to face a very hostile American public who were suffering the economic consequences of Israeli aggression.
 
#15
Domovoy said:
Or it will put US right on the Caspian sea.

"BEIJING, April 15 (Reuters) - Kazakhstan will support China in developing oil and gas resources on the continental shelf of the Caspian Sea, a joint communique by the two governments showed on Tuesday, as the two seek closer ties...
Beijing sees its central Asian neighbours as strategic partners to secure oil and gas supplies for its booming economy, while the latter view the world's second-largest energy user as an indispensible market to diversify away from their Western consumers." http://uk.reuters.com/article/oilRpt/idUKPEK22999320080415
Combine overstretch with the fact that the Russians would never allow it.
 
#16
castlereagh said:


Just to back up my theory that will be no hostilities - Look at the map, any war/hostilities with Iran would threaten the Persian Gulf and so jeopardise not only oil supply but the trade routes of western allies and the west.
Generally I agree with you castlereagh, but I do fear that both Isreal and the US President have lost the plot on this one. Not the Pentagon I might add.

Isreal feels itself insulated from anything Iran can chuck at it, and any retaliation to their pre-emtive strike will be seen as 'justification' for even further retribution. No doubt another Lebanon 2006 and a clearing out of Gaza is on the planning table right now.

The US President is foolish enough to think that the US military can deliver sufficient stand-off explosive firepower quick enough to mitigate most Iranian retaliation and quickly bring it to its knees suing for peace.

In effect, your belief is based on Isreal and the US President acting rationally. Both have proven themselves to be quite irrational at times if it suits their own selfish aims.

It's at this point that 4,500 UK troops in the COB look rather vulnerable.
 
#17
Biscuits_AB said:
Taz_786 said:
I wish they'd get on wth it then.

I'm getting bored of waiting *yawn*
I wish they'd get on with it as I just hate Iran. Sick to f*cking death of them. Go Israel!

The 'fall out' will be interesting...(anybody see what I did there?)
Seconded! :twisted:

Fight! Fight! Fight! :twisted: :twisted:
 
#18
whitecity said:
castlereagh said:


Just to back up my theory that will be no hostilities - Look at the map, any war/hostilities with Iran would threaten the Persian Gulf and so jeopardise not only oil supply but the trade routes of western allies and the west.
Generally I agree with you castlereagh, but I do fear that both Isreal and the US President have lost the plot on this one. Not the Pentagon I might add.

Isreal feels itself insulated from anything Iran can chuck at it, and any retaliation to their pre-emtive strike will be seen as 'justification' for even further retribution. No doubt another Lebanon 2006 and a clearing out of Gaza is on the planning table right now.

The US President is foolish enough to think that the US military can deliver sufficient stand-off explosive firepower quick enough to mitigate most Iranian retaliation and quickly bring it to its knees suing for peace.

In effect, your belief is based on Isreal and the US President acting rationally. Both have proven themselves to be quite irrational at times if it suits their own selfish aims.

It's at this point that 4,500 UK troops in the COB look rather vulnerable.
Perhaps a question best asked of RumRation but...would the Iranians be able to close down the Persian Gulf against the US Navy? One should never underestimate an enemy, but I would have thought the Americans would have an overwhelming advantage in that particular arena...
 
#19
castlereagh said:
Domovoy said:
Or it will put US right on the Caspian sea.

"BEIJING, April 15 (Reuters) - Kazakhstan will support China in developing oil and gas resources on the continental shelf of the Caspian Sea, a joint communique by the two governments showed on Tuesday, as the two seek closer ties...
Beijing sees its central Asian neighbours as strategic partners to secure oil and gas supplies for its booming economy, while the latter view the world's second-largest energy user as an indispensible market to diversify away from their Western consumers." http://uk.reuters.com/article/oilRpt/idUKPEK22999320080415
Combine overstretch with the fact that the Russians would never allow it.
I don't think Russia will take drastic measures with regard to Iran, but it'll definitely go to any length to stop US taking full control of Georgia/Abkhasia.
 
#20
Yes they could 'virtually' close it down. Insurance for shipping would go through the roof, as would oil prices whilst a state of active tension existed. In point of fact, the Iranians don't even have to fire as much as a blank, to cause serious damage to western consumers and Governments. Almost the same effect as physically closing it.

So, the question that needs to be asked is, who is actually benefitting from this state of heightened tension? Why is there actually a need for this current state of affairs, and who is really making the belligerent statements?
 

Latest Threads

Top