Israel prepares future British soldiers

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by KGB_resident, Sep 9, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://www.newstatesman.com/200709030003/

So I expect that Algeria, Pakistan and other countries would prepare future British soldiers.

2. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

Jewish british perhaps? Jews of any nation state are entitled to join IDF, always have been, whats the story?

3. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

I must just interject here that 'public school' here means state school Serge. Public School in the UK means originally company ran (i.e. livery companies) from the City. There aren't that many Jews in the old school.

4. Sergey.... (British) Jewish teenagers taking part in some IDF sponsored Zion-fest can hardly be "preparing future British soldiers" now can it?

5. So Britons of Pakistani or Arab descent could visit training camps in foregn countries. I fancy they would return enlightend in some matters.

6. As I understand the situation the vast majority of British Jews prefer to stay home, to stay in the UK. Positive impressions about military camps in Israel could encourage (at least some of them) to serve in HM armed forces. It is that simple.

7. I went to a suburban London public school (livery company, too) which was Jew-central. I pretended to be Jewish myself for a few years to skip the tedium of chapel: Jewish assembly involving Woody Allen films or elderly Hassidic rabbis combining supposed prophetic codes within the Torah with shtetl classics on the violin :D . NW London catchment area, old boy... lots of my peers did their voluntary IDF service... I'd hazard that my old alma mater was the London one the NS referred to.

If they'd been Pakistani-British kids off doing training with the Frontier Corps in Deraa or Peshawar I imagine we'd look a bit more askance at it..

8. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

They might be advised, in my humble opinion, to take a walk down the Thames and ponder a job in the city. As they proceed easterly from Cleopatra's needle close to the Temple tube station, the benches change from sphinx to...

[align=center][​IMG][/align]

[align=center]as the saying goes 'trade is better than the market place'. Seems the IDF are quite late on the scene...[/align]

[align=center] :twisted: [/align]

9. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

Rumple was it near Pinner/Moor Park?...lol... if it was we're cousins...

10. No, not them, the other one... Elstree.

11. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

Ahhh...k...I went to the sister school up north (i.e. same livery), and while we of course had Jewish pupils, I'd hardly say in was Jew central, you must have been lucky with early exposure to multicultural Britain (***Chicken soup anyone :twisted: ***). Of course there are Jewish pupils as the colour of their money is as good as anyones to buy an education. They were certainly a minority in our school, probably as many Asian students as Jews.

12. What, to fight for the IDF?

13. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

Actually ironically I think that quite a few ex IDF who go on to BethShin-ShinBeth/Mossad set up their legends in the 'maghrib'; I'm told that Tel Aviv University's Islamic studies course is one of the best in the world, just what a mole would require to have believable Islamist credentials/lip service....

14. I don't know, that 'dance off' thing sounds ace. Git dahn!

15. Sergey, they are far more likely to go to Israel proper and join the IDF. If they are committed enough to go and do a IDF "taster" course, motivated by their commitment to Israel and Judaism, they are hardly likely to to beat a path to the Army Careers office here to join us bunch of 'eathens are they????