Israel & Iran

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by jonwilly, Aug 12, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2005/08/12/wiran12.xml&sSheet=/portal/2005/08/12/ixportaltop.html

tim.butcher@telegraph.co.uk

2. Jericho II missiles are the most likely form of attack the Israelis would make. Why risk pilots if you dont have to ?

3. How long before Arik surfaces?

Don't forgot the Popeye SLCMs.

4. Just wake up ta see King George talking military action ta the Israeli press on the BEEB.
    john

5. Ah we're OK Herr Schroeder has just warned Georgei boy off.

Saturday, 13 August 2005, 16:19 GMT 17:19 UK

Germany attacks US on Iran threat

Iran restarted nuclear research this week
    German Chancellor Gerhard Schroeder has warned the US to back away from the possibility of military action against Iran over its nuclear programme.
    john

6. Must be an election in Germany. Its situations like this that make me wish for some good old German militarism instead of this touchy feely Euro appeasement.

7. Yes now't like an erection to wake the krauts up.
    john

8. As much as I'd hate to see it (purely for the reason that I'd feel sorry for our guys in the sand having to wear noddy suits all of the time), it would be unfeasibly stupid for Iran to threaten Israel with a nuclear attack.

Second generation (at best) nukes on Irans side, medium capability delivery systems and several billion dollars worth of anti aircraft and anti missile defences against them whereas their adversary probably (read definitely, whether admitted by the US suppliers or not) has latest generation top yield warheads with state of the art delivery systems that would only be combated by a guy called Achmed on a camel with a catapult.

Worst (or best, depends on your slant) scenario, mohammed lobs a Three Mile Island at Israel, David lobs WW2 x 1000 at Iran

9. Telegraph
    Iran 'kept EU talking' while it finished nuclear plant
    By Colin Freeman
    (Filed: 14/08/2005)

An Iranian foreign policy official has boasted that the regime bought extra time over its stalled negotiations with Europe to complete a uranium conversion plant.

In comments that will infuriate EU diplomats, Hosein Musavian said that Teheran took advantage of the nine months of talks, which collapsed last week, to finish work at its Isfahan enrichment facility.

john

10. Just park HMS Vanguard off the coast for a while conducting "exercises"

I wonder if they only get 90 quid for an ND?

11. Doesn't matter what any of us think, Iran cannot be allowed to reach the stage where it has the capability of attacking anyone.

12. I think this is a job for Storm Shadow and his mate TLAM from a T-boat.

13. You need a weapon that can strike deep, very deep.

14. Anyone read the Atlantic War Game story in December's issue?
    They seemed to think that the Israelis were bluffing and did not have the means to launch the complex opertaion needed to strike at Iran. The strategists also felt that an American military operation though would be rather difficult.
    No article link as subscribtion is required :(

Summarised extracts follow as the article is too long for posting - If any one wants to read the full war game just PM me.