Israel harvested organs in 90s

#1
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091220/ap_on_re_mi_ea/ml_israel_organ_harvesting

Israel has admitted that in the 1990s, its forensic pathologists harvested organs from dead bodies, including Palestinians, without permission of their families.

The issue emerged with publication of an interview with the then-head of Israel's Abu Kabir forensic institute, Dr. Jehuda Hiss. The interview was conducted in 2000 by an American academic, who released it because of a huge controversy last summer over an allegation by a Swedish newspaper that Israel was killing Palestinians in order to harvest their organs. Israel hotly denied the charge.

Parts of the interview were broadcast on Israel's Channel 2 TV over the weekend. In it, Hiss said, "We started to harvest corneas ... Whatever was done was highly informal. No permission was asked from the family."

The Channel 2 report said that in the 1990s, forensic specialists at Abu Kabir harvested skin, corneas, heart valves and bones from the bodies of Israeli soldiers, Israeli citizens, Palestinians and foreign workers, often without permission from relatives.

In a response to the TV report, the Israeli military confirmed that the practice took place.
 
#2
So ? If I remember correctly hospitals were doing the same thing here with dead babies a few years ago
 
#4
Well, at least it was from dead bodies and there is a movement, here in the west, where we carry 'donar cards. However, there are some in the trade, who would like to reverse that. So that you would need to carry a 'I do not donate card'.

Personally, i'm fuckingoutraged..............................................Hose the fookers down comrad.
 
#5
KGB_resident said:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091220/ap_on_re_mi_ea/ml_israel_organ_harvesting

Israel has admitted that in the 1990s, its forensic pathologists harvested organs from dead bodies, including Palestinians, without permission of their families.

The issue emerged with publication of an interview with the then-head of Israel's Abu Kabir forensic institute, Dr. Jehuda Hiss. The interview was conducted in 2000 by an American academic, who released it because of a huge controversy last summer over an allegation by a Swedish newspaper that Israel was killing Palestinians in order to harvest their organs. Israel hotly denied the charge.

Parts of the interview were broadcast on Israel's Channel 2 TV over the weekend. In it, Hiss said, "We started to harvest corneas ... Whatever was done was highly informal. No permission was asked from the family."

The Channel 2 report said that in the 1990s, forensic specialists at Abu Kabir harvested skin, corneas, heart valves and bones from the bodies of Israeli soldiers, Israeli citizens, Palestinians and foreign workers, often without permission from relatives.

In a response to the TV report, the Israeli military confirmed that the practice took place.
Much different then the Swedish report that had the IDF hunting Palestinians specifically for their Organs, Isn't it?

UC Berkeley prof Nancy Scheper-Hughes*[/b[ goes public because "the symbolism, you know, of taking skin of the population considered to be the enemy, [is] something, just in terms of its symbolic weight, that has to be reconsidered." yet admits Palestinians weren't "By a Long Shot" the object of the program.... :roll:

Most of those who had organs harvested where Israeli, not Palestinian by a rather Large Margin.

The Doctor who did it is no longer in his job and hasnt been for almost 5 years.

There is no evidence that Palestinians were Abducted, Killed for their Organs as the hyped Swedish report mentioned.

*Hughes is a self-described "radical anthropologist" who explicitly believes you should bend the study of anthropology for political means. http://anthropology.berkeley.edu/nsh.html

And from this, the Guardian say "Israel" did it? and the MP says the IDF is involved but fails to illustrate how exactly

Well Done, I hear the Izzy eat Russian babies as a buffet :roll: can I now have a Column?
 
#6
jinxy said:
Well, at least it was from dead bodies and there is a movementquote]

If the beggars weren't dead then you can be certain the little Palestinian 'donors' would be moving, it's my guess they'd be putting up one hell of a struggle!!! 8O
 
#7
That's nothing! I regularly harvest little children and prostitutes.............
 
#8
Personally I have no real objection other than I'd prefer them to ask the NOK before harvesting, something in the old memory banks tells me that Muslims have to be buried within 24 hours and that means all of them-as an individual and not a collective you understand?

Over to the better read than myself

GW
 
#9
gloworm said:
Personally I have no real objection other than I'd prefer them to ask the NOK before harvesting, something in the old memory banks tells me that Muslims have to be buried within 24 hours and that means all of them-as an individual and not a collective you understand?

Over to the better read than myself

GW
pre or post death....?
 
#10
So,the stories of refrigerated trucks following the B echelons in GW1 with various unidentified "medical " teams aren't true.........

Nor the 500 % increase in transplants in February and March of 1991 in the USA,UK,and France...........
 
#12
Goldbricker said:
KGB_resident said:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091220/ap_on_re_mi_ea/ml_israel_organ_harvesting

Israel has admitted that in the 1990s, its forensic pathologists harvested organs from dead bodies, including Palestinians, without permission of their families.

The issue emerged with publication of an interview with the then-head of Israel's Abu Kabir forensic institute, Dr. Jehuda Hiss. The interview was conducted in 2000 by an American academic, who released it because of a huge controversy last summer over an allegation by a Swedish newspaper that Israel was killing Palestinians in order to harvest their organs. Israel hotly denied the charge.

Parts of the interview were broadcast on Israel's Channel 2 TV over the weekend. In it, Hiss said, "We started to harvest corneas ... Whatever was done was highly informal. No permission was asked from the family."

The Channel 2 report said that in the 1990s, forensic specialists at Abu Kabir harvested skin, corneas, heart valves and bones from the bodies of Israeli soldiers, Israeli citizens, Palestinians and foreign workers, often without permission from relatives.

In a response to the TV report, the Israeli military confirmed that the practice took place.
Much different then the Swedish report that had the IDF hunting Palestinians specifically for their Organs, Isn't it?
No, I believe. Let's recall this story

Swedish freelance journalist Donald Bostrom investigated United Nations employees concerns that Israeli soldiers snatch Palestinian children in the middle of the night, murder them, and sell their organs. Bostrom ran the story in Aftonbladet, Sweden's leading tabloid newspaper.

It is a translation of the article

http://www.theoccidentalobserver.net/authors/SwedishTrans.html

In his investigation Bostrom was able to document the case of Bilal Ahmed Ghanem, a 19-year-old Palestinian man who was murdered by Israeli soldiers in 1992 in the West Bank village of Imatin. Bostrom was an eyewitness to the Israeli raid into the village.

When the Isreali soldiers enter the village, they targeted Ghanem at the gate of his family’s home and called his name “Bilal, Bilal.” He turned around and was shot dead. Instead of allowing his body to be recovered by his family, the Israelis immediately abducted his corpse using an ambulance and a military helicopter which were staged and ready to transport the young man’s body to the hospital. A week later his body was returned to his family with with an incision from his neck to his stomach suggesting his organs had been taken.

His brother Jalal Ghanem said, "It was very clear that there was no abdomen, it showed from the way it was stitched. There were no teeth in his mouth."

Other Palestinian men were being abducted by the Israelis that year which also coincided with a shortage of organs for transplant in Israel. In his article Bostrom wrote, "At the same time that this organ campaign was going on, young Palestinian men were disappearing and being delivered back to their villages five days later at night, dead and cut open."



Now, for the first time Israel admitted that there was practice of removal of organs from killed Palestinians.
 
#13
KGB, ever see what a Bullet does to internal organs?

Be a damn stupid way to harvest organs for profit to shoot someone in the torso twice considering a bullets path once it enters the body isnt always predictable, not to mention Hydrostatic Shock effects.
 
#14
And even if it's true, there are going to be people wandering around somewhere who wouldn't have been alive otherwise. The bodies would only have rotted anyway...

But I'm inclined to regard this as another "Jews eat babies!!!" tale from the loony fringe.
 
#15
Bravo_Zulu said:
"Jews eat babies!!!" .
And poison wells...
And kidnap red headed goyyim,string them upside down and allow vipers to sting them to death whilst collecting the torrents of spittle that flow from their tormented lips.You then smear this on the door-knockers of Christians who (in defiance of Koch's Postulates) promptly catch the Plague and die.Job done and Avram is your mother Rachels brother !!!

Well,that's the reason we gave when we burnt them alive in York Castle and expelled the remainder from England :?
 
#16
Oops

http://www.guardian.co.uk/theguardian/2009/dec/22/corrections-clarifications

• We should not have put the headline "Israel admits harvesting Palestinian organs" on a story about an admission, by the former head of the Abu Kabir forensic institute near Tel Aviv, that during the 1990s specialists at the institute harvested organs from the bodies of Israeli soldiers, Israeli citizens, Palestinians and foreign workers without getting permission from the families of the deceased (21 December, page 15). That headline did not match the article, which made clear that the organs were not taken only from Palestinians. This was a serious editing error and the headline has been changed online to reflect the text of the story written by the reporter.


KGB, better luck next time fella....
 
#17
Goldbricker said:
KGB, ever see what a Bullet does to internal organs?

Be a damn stupid way to harvest organs for profit to shoot someone in the torso twice considering a bullets path once it enters the body isnt always predictable, not to mention Hydrostatic Shock effects.
I don't see how your argument could be used in the context of our discussion.

Removal of organs from killed Palestinians is admitted by Israel.

As for claims that organs were secretly removed from Israeli soldiers then it is internal Israeli business.

Compare, a deserter could be executed but being captured by the enemy he becames a POW and his execution would be a war crime.

So alleged removal of organs from Israeli soldiers could be a violation of internal Israeli law. But as for removal of organs from Palestinians then

http://www.hrweb.org/legal/geneva1.html#Article

UN Convention (I) for the Amelioration of the Condition of the Wounded and Sick in Armed Forces in the Field
...
To this end, the following acts are and shall remain prohibited at any time and in any place whatsoever with respect to the above-mentioned persons:
(a) violence to life and person, in particular murder of all kinds, mutilation, cruel treatment and torture;
...
Parties to the conflict ... shall further ensure that the dead are honourably interred, if possible according to the rites of the religion to which they belonged...
Removal of organs is a form of mutilation and anyway removal of organs constitute disrespect to the dead bodies.

So it can be regarded as a war crime.
 
#18
KGB_resident said:
Goldbricker said:
KGB, ever see what a Bullet does to internal organs?

Be a damn stupid way to harvest organs for profit to shoot someone in the torso twice considering a bullets path once it enters the body isnt always predictable, not to mention Hydrostatic Shock effects.
I don't see how your argument could be used in the context of our discussion.

Removal of organs from killed Palestinians is admitted by Israel.

As for claims that organs were secretly removed from Israeli soldiers then it is internal Israeli business.

Compare, a deserter could be executed but being captured by the enemy he becames a POW and his execution would be a war crime.

So alleged removal of organs from Israeli soldiers could be a violation of internal Israeli law. But as for removal of organs from Palestinians then

http://www.hrweb.org/legal/geneva1.html#Article

UN Convention (I) for the Amelioration of the Condition of the Wounded and Sick in Armed Forces in the Field
...
To this end, the following acts are and shall remain prohibited at any time and in any place whatsoever with respect to the above-mentioned persons:
(a) violence to life and person, in particular murder of all kinds, mutilation, cruel treatment and torture;
...
Parties to the conflict ... shall further ensure that the dead are honourably interred, if possible according to the rites of the religion to which they belonged...
Removal of organs is a form of mutilation and anyway removal of organs constitute disrespect to the dead bodies.

So it can be regarded as a war crime.
No it can't.

IMO nothing done to a palestinian can ever be a war crime.
 

Alsacien

MIA
Moderator
#19
firestarter said:
So,the stories of refrigerated trucks following the B echelons in GW1 with various unidentified "medical " teams aren't true.........

Nor the 500 % increase in transplants in February and March of 1991 in the USA,UK,and France...........
No, the stores aren't true........... :roll:
 
#20
Goldbricker said:
Oops

http://www.guardian.co.uk/theguardian/2009/dec/22/corrections-clarifications

• We should not have put the headline "Israel admits harvesting Palestinian organs" on a story about an admission, by the former head of the Abu Kabir forensic institute near Tel Aviv, that during the 1990s specialists at the institute harvested organs from the bodies of Israeli soldiers, Israeli citizens, Palestinians and foreign workers without getting permission from the families of the deceased (21 December, page 15). That headline did not match the article, which made clear that the organs were not taken only from Palestinians. This was a serious editing error and the headline has been changed online to reflect the text of the story written by the reporter.


KGB, better luck next time fella....
And what does it mean in real life? The newspaper that I haven't quoted corrected a headline of its article. Big deal.

Anyway, Israel confirmed that removal of organs from dead Palestinians took place. As for Israeli soldiers then we need even one name, even one proved case to speak about it. It is possible that the legend that organs were removed from Israeli soldiers has been invented.
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top