Israel Declares Alert, Cites Syrian Threat

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Not_Whistlin_Dixie, Oct 1, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://www.topix.net/content/trb/3775442301154350402342814087804111001887

Just who is threatening who here?

This however, could be problematic. How much of this is Syrian News Agency hysteria, and how much is truth , can't be said until another source confirms it..

http://www.sana.org/eng/22/2006/09/30/71554.htm

Israeli Occupation Troops Seal Off al-Ghajar Town in its Syrian and Lebanese Parts

Saturday, September 30, 2006 - 09:30 PM

Maybe I'm just being cynical. linking the news above, if true, to the Telegraph article posted by NWD.

2. Refusing to negotiate is hardly threatening. One can lead to the other, but they aren’t mutually exclusive.

3. Sorry Drago, I was still editing my opening post when you replied. If you read the rest of the Chicago Tribune piece, there are some parts that don't make sense.

Then again, they don't if you're rational :(

4. Price of oil has been slipping, King Georges supporters need sum of their friends to help jack up profits once againg.
    john
    Ya know after several years I still can't find out who gets X $ for the price of a barrel of oil.

5. Do You think that it will hike the prices back up Jon, and how will this aid the Republicans to maintain control of senate and Congress. Do You think that low oil prices will aid the parties chances or will higher prices

6. I have asked many times both here and on other boards also with Mid East Oil workers just who gets what from the price of a barrel of oil.
    If oil is a nominal figure say $70 who gets what.
    Is the nation from where the oil comes on $70 ?
    Does the Oil company get $70 ?
    Or is it the trader on the stock exchange who gets $70 ?
    From what I see/hear the counties get more when the price rises, and the oil companies seem only too happy to have high pices which give high Profits. The stock markets are doing well for their members.
    If all the above are only too happy to have high oil prices then I maintain there is no motivation to bring the price down.
    Now oil roughly $60, much happiness by Oil importers does this mean that our trio are pizzed or are they happy that oil is "Double" its price of a year ago.
    john
    No one can or will explain to me.