Israel Declares Alert, Cites Syrian Threat

http://www.topix.net/content/trb/3775442301154350402342814087804111001887

At the weekly Cabinet meeting on Wednesday, Olmert told the ministers to stop making statements about possible talks with Syria, participants said. 'There are no negotiations with Syria,' Olmert was quoted as saying. 'Whoever doesn't agree doesn't have to be in the government.'
Just who is threatening who here?

This however, could be problematic. How much of this is Syrian News Agency hysteria, and how much is truth , can't be said until another source confirms it..

http://www.sana.org/eng/22/2006/09/30/71554.htm

Israeli Occupation Troops Seal Off al-Ghajar Town in its Syrian and Lebanese Parts

Saturday, September 30, 2006 - 09:30 PM

Beirut, Sep. 30 (SANA)-

Israeli occupation forces on Saturday completed the isolation of al-Ghajar town in its Syrian and Lebanese Parts, turning it into a military barracks surrounded by barbed wires, trenches and sand fences on its northern, western and eastern parts, the Lebanese National Agency for Information said.

The source added that the streets of the town had become totally isolated from the Lebanese territories and were under the Israeli military control.

It said that all these Israeli steps were done under the sight of members of the Indian battalion who only monitored and registered these works with field glasses from their site 500 meters away from the occupied town while members of a French patrol only monitored these Israeli works and took photographs of the area before they left.

An French armor battalion of the UNIFIL had already entered al-Wazzani/Abbasieh area for the first time since they arrived to south Lebanon. The battalion was deployed there for a short time then headed for al-Abbasieh/Majidieh which under the control of the Indian battalion working in the framework of the peacekeeping force since 2000.

Ahmad F. ZAHRA
Maybe I'm just being cynical. linking the news above, if true, to the Telegraph article posted by NWD.

PartTimePongo said:
http://www.topix.net/content/trb/3775442301154350402342814087804111001887

At the weekly Cabinet meeting on Wednesday, Olmert told the ministers to stop making statements about possible talks with Syria, participants said. 'There are no negotiations with Syria,' Olmert was quoted as saying. 'Whoever doesn't agree doesn't have to be in the government.'
Just who is threatening who here?
Refusing to negotiate is hardly threatening. One can lead to the other, but they aren’t mutually exclusive.

Sorry Drago, I was still editing my opening post when you replied. If you read the rest of the Chicago Tribune piece, there are some parts that don't make sense.

Then again, they don't if you're rational :(

Price of oil has been slipping, King Georges supporters need sum of their friends to help jack up profits once againg.
john
Ya know after several years I still can't find out who gets X $ for the price of a barrel of oil.

jonwilly said:
Price of oil has been slipping, King Georges supporters need sum of their friends to help jack up profits once againg.
john
Ya know after several years I still can't find out who gets X $ for the price of a barrel of oil.
Do You think that it will hike the prices back up Jon, and how will this aid the Republicans to maintain control of senate and Congress. Do You think that low oil prices will aid the parties chances or will higher prices

I have asked many times both here and on other boards also with Mid East Oil workers just who gets what from the price of a barrel of oil.
If oil is a nominal figure say $70 who gets what.
Is the nation from where the oil comes on $70 ?
Does the Oil company get $70 ?
Or is it the trader on the stock exchange who gets $70 ?
From what I see/hear the counties get more when the price rises, and the oil companies seem only too happy to have high pices which give high Profits. The stock markets are doing well for their members.
If all the above are only too happy to have high oil prices then I maintain there is no motivation to bring the price down.
Now oil roughly $60, much happiness by Oil importers does this mean that our trio are pizzed or are they happy that oil is "Double" its price of a year ago.
john
No one can or will explain to me.