Israel Considers Pre-Emptive Attack On Iran

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by DesktopCommando, Nov 2, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Israel PM Benjamin Netanyahu Considers Pre-Emptive Attack On Iran To Prevent Nuclear Capability | World News | Sky News Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is trying to rally support in his cabinet for an attack on Iran, according to government sources.The country's defence minister Ehud Barak and the foreign minister Avigdor Lieberman are said to be among those backing a pre-emptive strike to neutralise Iran's nuclear ambitions.But a narrow majority of ministers currently oppose the move, which could trigger a wave of regional retaliation.The debate over possible Israeli military action has reached fever pitch in recent days with newspaper leader columns discussing the benefits and dangers of hitting Iran.Mr Lieberman responded to the reports of a push to gain cabinet approval by saying that "Iran poses the most dangerous threat to world order."But he said Israel's military options should not be a matter for public discussion.The International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) is due to report on the state of Iran’s nuclear capabilities on November 8, and that assessment is likely to influence Israel’s decision.Western intelligence officials estimate that Iran is still at least two to three years away from obtaining a nuclear bomb.Israel has long made it clear that it will not allow Iran to obtain a nuclear capability that could threaten the Jewish State.Publicly it is pushing for a diplomatic offensive against Iran - including the imposition of sanctions - rather than a military strike.But prime minister Netanyahu has repeatedly warned that all options are on the table.Israel's former defence minister Benjamin Ben-Eliezer told Haraatez newspaper that he feared a "horror scenario" if Israel attacked Iran.Washington is also strongly opposed to Israel taking unilateral action.Any strike on Iran could trigger retaliation from Iran and across the region.Syria, a close ally of Tehran, could also launch attacks, along with the Iranian-backed Hizbollah militia in Lebanon.
  2. I wish those ***** would just get on with it! A fight to the death. Whoever wins, wins. I'm bored of them tit-for-tatting each other for the last 60 years already.

Just ****ing do it!
    • Like Like x 5
  3. Yes but Tehran could now launch a pre-emptive pre-emptive strike against Israel,and Syria could launch a pre-emptive pre-emptive pre-emptive strike against Israel,and then where would we be with all this pre-emptiveness going on?....
  4. Is it that time already?:roll:

This "story" is wheeled out every few months or so. The Red Sea Pedestrians are well aware of the difficulty of attacking and disabling Iran's nuclear weapons program, as well as the potential consequences; they won't make that move until they absolutely have to.
  5. Prior Planning and Pre-emptive Preperation Prevents Piss Poor Performance.
    • Like Like x 4
  6. He started it,no he started it, no he started it.........Come now children, play nice.
  7. I guess the US must be talking about cutting the foreskin-allergic squatters' subsidy again. What a coincidence.
    • Like Like x 4

8. Oi vey and Kerching my boy!
  9. What fun if they do - and I hope against all hope that the bloody Israelis get their ****ing arses whipped once and for all.
    • Like Like x 2
  10. its unlikely to happen that way, the isrelies wont take action on there own unless they have no other choice, and if they do take action there overly cautios nature is likely to mean there strike units are already embedded across iran and will do there job of disabling any reaction to such a strike.

the only people who are in serious danger of acting first are the USA and obama seems to be more cautious than the last few ocupiers of the big chair.

of course given there financial situation and irans stranglehold on OPEC and continuing to fix the price of oil way above the agreed mark chances are a war is coming soon wether isreal asks for it or not.
  11. I remember reading in the Times about 3 years ago that the Yiddishers had already played the "lets see if we can reach Iran by air undetected game" - and that it was allegedly with a nod of approval from the USA.
  12. playing war games and actually taking offensive action are two very differnt things though it was quite widely belived in the late 80's that a US lead multinational covert ops team exited a jumbo at 56kfeet and "drifted" onto a "secure location" somewhere deepinsde iran took out said secure location and then exfilled via ribs

doesnt mean it was true but hey somehow holywood managed to make about 10 films with realistic looking military aerial footage i do wonder about where the idea came from though and how it was that they managed to "create" the footage what with the tech available back then being rather lacking and tending to show rather visible cables on such mediocre budget movies.

13. Let me guess, their commandoes have all been training eating 8 shredded wheat a day and have been practising leaping tall buildings with a single bound?
  14. Shame a 747 craps out at 43k feet.