Israel and it's right to exist.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by tuffy52, Sep 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does the State of Israel have a right to exist?,considering that a large percentage of Arab countries deny the right of any Middle Eastern country that do not adhere to Islam the right to exist where does that leave Israel?.....

2. sucking on the first teat of the US.

Israel will exist for as long as the US will keep subsidising them the armaments and banking facilitys for them to do so.

one day the US will be over as numbar one uber-power (ie - skint) and the zionists will be****ed. it may take a hundred years or so, but it is enevitable.

3. What right does the United Kingdom have to exist? Or the US for that matter? If we applied the rules set to the Palestinian-Israel conflict, neither have a right to be called a country really.

I just know it's there. Full of people, and if they lose statehood, what then? I really doubt the propaganda of blood thirsty jews entering palestinian towns and killing all men, women, and children, but I could certainly see the arabs doing that.

• Like Like x 8
  4. The State of Israel was created in a peaceful and legal process by the United Nations. It was not created out of Palestinian lands, but rather out of the Ottoman Empire, which had been ruled for 400 years by the Turks who lost it when they, fighting alongside Germany, were defeated in World War I. There were no “Palestinian” lands at the time because there were no people claiming to be Palestinians, but rather simply Arabs who lived in the region of Palestine.

It was only after World War I that the present states of Jordan, Syria, Lebanon and Iraq were also created – also out of the Turkish Empire by the British and French victors. Jordan was created on about 80 percent of the Palestine Mandate, which was originally designated by the League of Nations as part of the Jewish homeland. Since then, Jews have been prohibited from owning property there.

In 1947, a UN partition plan mandated the creation of two states on the remaining 20 percent of the Palestine Mandate: the State of Israel for the Jews, and another state for the stateless Arabs. But the rulers of eight Arab states did not want a non-Arab state anywhere in the Middle East. Thus they rejected the UN arrangement and simultaneously launched a three-front war of annihilation against the newly created state of Israel -- on the very day of its creation in 1948. Israel begged for peace and offered friendship and cooperation to its neighbors. The Arab dictators rejected this offer and answered it with a war, which they ultimately lost.

• Like Like x 15
  5. The right to exist is said to be an attribute of nations. According to an essay by the nineteenth century French philosopher Ernest Renan, a state has the right to exist when individuals are willing to sacrifice their own interests for the community it represents. Unlike self-determination, the right to exist is an attribute of states rather than of peoples. It is not a right recognized in international law. The phrase has featured prominently in the Arab–Israeli conflict since the 1950s.
    The right to exist of a de facto state may be balanced against another state's right to territorial integrity. Proponents of the right to exist trace it back to the "right of existence," said to be a fundamental right of states recognized by writers on international law for hundreds of years.

Israel's right to exist

• Like Like x 1
  6. So sensible a reply that I actually like it...

7. sucking on the first teat of the US and Arab Countries.

Palestinian scum will exist for as long as the US and Arab countries will keep subsidising them the armaments and banking facilitys for them to do so.

8. Israel is where it is and there it is, there,s no other argument, if the Arabs dont like it, tough, let them suck it up, or defy the UN and take on whatever comes, they are not the be all and end all of self righteous indignation and anger at the very existence of a people who are different religously and or ethnicly to them. Me! I support the Israelis and I dont give a curly shit who doesnt like it.

• Like Like x 11
  9. Here here

• Like Like x 3
  10. Here Here Here.....

11. I would have been against the creation of Israel had I been about in 1948, but I wasn't and it was 63 years ago. Blaming modern Israelis for whatever crimes people think their grandparents or great grandparents committed during the creation of Israel is as tedious and borderline retarded as blaming modern Germans for the Holocaust.

12. Far be it for me to point out the obvious... but spelling 'Israel' wrong rather undermined the informed and considered opinions of the original poster for this callsign... Bit more reading and you might learn that properly we refer to those bits that cartographers struggle with as 'The Occupied Palestinian Territories'... and that a lot of those Arabs displaced by the events of 1948 (and beyond) are in fact Christians, and a lot of the vandalism perpetrated by Israel against the heritage of 'The Holy Land' involved the destruction of Byzantine and Crusader churches and shrines, villages and communities in place since 33 AD and beyond. Not that it matters, when settlement fortresses are making a Zionist point against... the Russians... the Nazis... the Egyptians (Alexandria was the largest Jewish settlement bar none at one point), in the form of kicking the Palestinians. After 70 years of putting up with that, I can see that you'd be a little bit terrorist-sympathetic.
    Not that this is the fault of everyday common and garden Israelis, who are rightly worried about rocket attacks and bus bombs. However, it amazes me that anyone can sympathise with the political (right wing) establishment of Israel. The populations, yes, but the governments? Hypocritical, Machiavellian and an international liability.
    Yes, Israel exists, and to argue the case is to be 70 years too late. However, the question is HOW it should exist, and the answer has to be: not in its present form.

• Like Like x 6
  13. Forgive my ignorance but didnt the red sea pedestrians live in those lands long before some bedouin paedophile started having hallucintations? Or do historical claims only go so far back?

• Like Like x 3
  14. They lived there for about 600 years, 200 years of which were under the Romans and the Greeks. Then the Diaspora happened, and they moved to Egypt (again), Yemen, Russia, Western Europe, Saudi Arabia and even bits of Sub Saharan Africa for the next 1700 years. In fact... Jews lived in Medina for the same length of time as they did in Israel (before Muhammad killed them all/ married them off c. 632). The Jewish presence in Israel was totally negligible until the Zionist movement got rolling around about the turn of the 20th century. They have a somewhat tenuous claim, viewed entirely objectively...

• Like Like x 1
  15. As I've argued on other threads I can't really see any legitimate reason as to why the West Bank isn't turned into the state of Palestine with Gaza allowed in once the appeal of Hamas wears off and they realise that they can never hope to wipe out Israel without going with them and that they're going to be far better off making peace.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.