Israel allegedly supplied Argentina with arms during the Falklands conflict

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by MPKaiser, Mar 18, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I read this one with interest today. It's a story making the international rounds regarding Israel secretly supplying Argentina with missiles, long distance aircraft fuel tanks and sundry other items DURING the Falklands conflict. If true, with friends like these, who needs enemies? And before the resident SS members board the outrage bus. Remember its a story that involves Israel and Argentina, not Jews and Argentina. Fire away.....

Book: Begin armed Argentina during Falklands War - Israel News, Ynetnews

Israel armed Argentina during Falklands War

'A deep-rooted hatred of the British': How Israelis 'armed junta' in Falklands conflict | Mail Online

2. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

no great surprise - make some dosh outsourcing old kit - cant blame them. the big secret will be whether the US sanctioned it like they did arms to iran or the deals with south africa ect..

3. If we had good enough intelligence to be able to photograph the stuff? it's possible the Americans gave us the info if? Israel told them what they were doing.

4. They were supplying and training the Guatemalans in the 80s as well when we were in Belize. No strangers to making a sheckel or two!

5. Fair enough. But it doesn't mean you should make a complete whore out of yourself doing it. I mean time and place etc. There has to be some loyalty involved in the consideration surely? Or is it really as I've seen posted elsewhere, that Israel is nothing more than an inconsiderate self absorbed opportunist?

6. Grumblegrunt

Israel has a complex and it is probably right in that the world let the jews burn and will do so again and again, so it has to look after itself first.

they do like to forget the help they were given on several occasions though.

mind you the timings might be interesting and any factored delays or jacked up prices meaning its more than possible that the israelis had 'permission' to tie up argentine hard currency reserves, we were playing games with argentina and its proxies who were trying to buy exocets on the world market most of which were bought up by SIS or didn't exist in the first place to prevent the buyers looking any further. I seem to remember we made over 20 million that way so its plausible that it was designed to get israel an 'in' with the junta to pass intelligence up the food chain to where the aid comes from.

france clogged up the exocets for us and also has strange dealings with israel, so they are likely to have known if any of their old kit was moving house.

7. Grumblegrunt

we buy their stuff and they steal ours - a classic working relationship.

• Like Like x 3
  8. We have flogged arms regularly to all of Israel's pikey neighbours, whilst bezzering all the time with Tel Aviv, why shouldn't they then try and make a fast thirty shekels in shafting us?

We are now bezzering militarily with the French, who happily provided exocets and aircraft parts during the war and we are now bezzering with the antichrist in Rome, who's bank paid for it all!

• Like Like x 2
  9. I notice all of the articles are from 2011 the rounds this story is making must be very slow.

10. With Egypt and Syria kicking off in open revolt, does that surprise you? Our press are steered no differently than Pravda.

11. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

My uncle - who at one stage was the editor of the Sunday Telegraph - I believe once asked if the Israeli's ever wondered why no one liked them...he was very seldom invited onto television after that...

12. People seem to forget that the Israeli hierarchy consists mostly of terrorists.

• Like Like x 1