ISOP PROMOTION TO GET WORSE ?

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by skhips, Jun 20, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi All,

I am looking at going ISOP as I beleive it will be the way forward and when people refer to their trade as being "gods trade" well IS is "The New Testament".

I am however concerned over promotion, especially after todays rumour, I am not spreading the rumour to gossip but to hope somone in the know will confirm it as rubbish or enough people will scream and it will be changed.  Here goes:

1.  The DBA OP / App OP  is not meant to affect the IS promotion roster.

2.  By "MISTAKE" a batch of the above have been loaded onto the Sup IS course presently running.

3.  They will get the 10K when they pass.

4.  More importantly they will be offered Super IS posts and tose that are not signals allowed to re-badge.

5.  This "MISTAKE" will however not happen again.

6.  More importantly these people will take all if not most of next years Super posts instead of people being promoted up the ranks and this will triple down affecting all Ranks (Not that it would affect me as a mere CPL to much if I changed trades but there will be an effect all the way to the bottom).

Can anyone confirm ??

2. Stop listening to rumour.

The ISSUP posts taken were,and will remain, supplemental to the ISOP role.

Now you can stop listening to the rumour mongerer within CIS, he is just venting his feelings of inadequacy.

3. No check it out, these is a very recent issue about app and dba ops being loaded on a super course, they will then be no longer app / dba opp and proper supervisor is and take the posts (allegdly), if anyone is at the school it would be quite easy to confirm

:)

4. It is true that there are severalof the App Ops and DBAs on the course, but my previous answer still remains.  Just because they have been loaded on a ISSup cse doesnt mean they take IS Sup posts...Digitisation Stage 1 posts were created for Digitisation Stage 1 staff.

The rumours being spread by scaremongers within the IS Op trade group are being **** because they refuse to accept that the whole IS role has been supplemented a great deal by the influx of App Ops/DBAs.  Not only are CIS matters more in the public eye, but the experience that the SNCO´s have brought to the role has proved to be invlueable.

Do yourself a favour....go for it!!! And best of luck. Need any advice then PM me....and stop worrying about pathetic individuals who have nothing better to do than whine.  ;)

5. OK,  Many Thanks,

One last question though

Where do I find the any key "press any key to continue..."

:)

6. Press the ENTER key - Enter the IS Op role Wibblyfishbanna is very right, the boys were loaded onto the course to bring them upto speed to ensure DS1 runs well.  The guys on DS1 Augmentate the current guys at Elmpt and they all try to work as a real team - the OC who is a TO trys to bind all this together and he is succeeding.  Time is a great healer

7. Oh pass me the bucket please....

8. Would you like two buckets!!!!

9. Sskhips- just for you..
    [​IMG]

10. IS Ski Geek

IS Ski Geek War Hero Moderator

Is there any truth to the rumour that you can now apply to go IS Sup at Sgt like in YofS and if successful on selection board then may go on course and get SSgt at end or is that Bollox as well!!!

11. Yes, as of Aug this year it will be true

12. IS Ski Geek

Ahhh so how do you apply as its not in our PD 31 or whatever number it is????

13. 14...but there again you knew that eh? 8O

14. Christ jimmy, you dragged this thread from the depths, geeks post was over a year old!! Good to be home mate?

15. IS Ski Geek

Cheers for that big bad jimmy p you fart knocker