Isn't this what we have doleys for?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by chocolate_frog, Jan 3, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BBC News - Councils try to tackle backlog of rubbish collections

Each doley is told they get paid dole for the week if they bring in 10-20 bags of rubbish. They get a bonus if they bring in more.

Job jobbed, simples.

All we need is a number of bin lorries parked in strategic places, or the doleys walk to the council tip.

They can all be told taht NO Dole will be paid out next week if the Mayor sees a single piece of litter in their respective areas. Free bin bags can be handed out to the doleys with ths weeks payment to facilitate the 'Great British Womble 2011'

2. I'm surprised when bin lorries can't get out, ours often have twin rear axles and are double wheeled on the driving wheels - they should be able to get out in most weathers.

3. Well we organised a few trucks, filled them with rubbish and fly tipped them up the Taiggy waiggy Falls road.

4. Probably against their human rights!!!

5. 'Elf and Safety innit.

Don't know why the trucks can't be fitted with snow ploughs. That would increase the number of snowploughs in the area and get the rubbish gone. Gritting could be carried out by different vehicles or salt bins put out for the locals.

6. Then with the price of diesel, the doleys could shove the snow ploughs and carry the bin lorry's.

7. I like the cut of your jib, jarrod.

I've advocated for years doley pulled/pushed carts. They would go around every night about 1900 hours, scour the rubbish outside your home and sort it in to Glass, tins, plastics, etc. Then they would take it away. This stuff could then be recycled.

Bigger items like car batteries and televisions could be taken to prisons where the convicted scum strip them down for recycling.

8. Good call, you probably helped improve the area

9. Well it didn't take many squaddies to push a Bedford or pull one for that matter. Then your back to basics approach has merits and bin wagons are expensive. I guess they could crush the rubbish in the same old fashioned way grapes were crushed.
    We do have to think green and perhaps us that work could get rid of our cars and book out a sedan chair carried by the scroungers or maybe they could pull our cars and we'd save on fuel.

10. Round where I live the council does have salt bins out for locals, but here (and I'd imagine everywhere that the salt bins are left out) the pikey cnuts just nicked the rock salt out of em and went round door to door selling it by the bag,.....

11. Cow

Cow LE

Birmingham CC Bin Men were on strike last month, combine that with the snow and our rubbish is now piling up to be a big old heap. They've hired in temp workers to try and sort it but for some reason they only clear the main roads. Few doleys going round would soon sort the problem.

12. I did have a thought that we'd need to feed these people but googling soup kitchens gets some quite nice places to eat. Gruel recipes are plentiful though.

13. Similar story here, except for the bins were vandalised (fire crackers in them, burning tyres etc). The council refuse to replace them now.

14. No i've thought about this again, the garden waste bin should have enough vegetable peelings, cabbage stalk and so on for a delicious and nutritious soup. If sorted through properly and grass cutting, hedge trimmings are removed it'll be fine.

15. 'Elf and Safety innit.

Don't know why the trucks can't be fitted with snow ploughs. That would increase the number of snowploughs in the area and get the rubbish gone. Gritting could be carried out by different vehicles or salt bins put out for the locals.