Isn't That Scary, Kids?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Rocketeer, Jan 28, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Spooky Kids Movies [ I mean films with kids as the spooky bits..not to kiddie films that make you scared like Barney or Mary Kate and Ashley ]

10] Michael Landon's widow's peak in " I Was A Teenage Werewolf "

9] Nanny celebrates Damien's birthday by hanging around in the closet -" The Omen "

8] The momernt in " The Body Snatchers " [ 1994 ] where a class is asked to draw a clown. One after another the possessed children hold up identical sketches. Finally a normal child exposes herself to danger by displaying a unique work.

7] The hand out of the grave in " Carrie "

6] Tree branch grabs inside windows of the house for the kid in " Poltergeist ", forever ruining Arbour Day.

5] The scene in " Birth " where Nicole Kidman's dead husband shows up as an 11 year old boy in her bathtub.

4] The moment in " Bad Seed " where the mother expresses sadness over the drowning of a young girl. ' Oh, I thought it was exciting' her Bad Seed replies ' Can I have the peanut butter sandwich?'

3] Linda Blair's spider walk down the stairs in the extra-strength director's cut of " The Excorcist "

2] Linda Blair's rotating head in the regular-strength " Exorcist "

1] Haley Joel Osment encounters a strange boy in his apartment in " The Sixth Sense " ' c'mon with me' the visitor says ' I'll show you where my dad hides his gun '. When the kids turns, we see the back of his head has been ' grouted out' by a rifle blast.

But the scariet kid in films , according to noted critic Graham Greene, was
    Shirley Temple in " Wee Willie Winkie " [ who was Winkie and how come his willy was so wee? ] Mr. Greene wrote:

" Infancy with her is a disguise, her appeal is more secret and adult...Her neat and well-developed rump twisted in the tape dance: her eyes had a sidelong searching coquetry." he concluded that the audience for Shirley would best be " middle-aged men and the clergy "

20th Century Fox sued for libel and won and the magazine, Night and Day in London, folded

open to suggestions as to other ' goodies' . I need some possible ' rental ideas' for the Video Store this evening..

Popcorn, get yer popcorn here...

2. 'Children of the Corn' scares me to this day. :(

3. the tapping on the wondow and the floating dead kid in Salem's Lot.....

[​IMG]

.......pooh!

Beebs :(

4. Man...I've found a kindred spirit! I've been quoting that scary-arsed Salem's Lot for years. I get a shiver down my spine every time I think of it.
    And the wee guy in the coffin, suddenly sitting up and doing the gravedigger. It's always a great idea to jump in a coffin after nightfall.

The rest of it's pretty camp - but those little lads? F***ing spooky.

PD

5. They're here

and the end of 'Don't look now'

6. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Scare Beebs in one word

"CLOWNS"

They all float down here.. :twisted:

7. No No No No. Stop it. Its wrong. We even couldn't look at the "c****" at the Monkey's birthday party. We were so scared.

8. But wasn't the spider / monster thing in the 2nd half such a disappointment? :( After all the terror of part 1 - clown, bleeding taps etc 8O - seeing that awfully bad puppet monster in part 2 just made me laugh... :roll:

9. The really disturbing thing about kids is to think about the teenagers who embraced the Sex Pistols' seminal Never Mind the B*ll*cks on its 1977 release are now the ones arranging your mortgage at the bank...

10. No no no no no.

Make it stop Beebs.

11. Not to take this too off topic.. but , if you can find it in a pirated copy or off a sleazy website.. there is a vastly underrated film starring Bobcat Goldthwaite and Robin Williams called " Shakes, the Clown "..
    Bobcat is a [ what else?] drug addled boozing Clown and Williams is his mortal enemy, a Mime! The premise is that they are real; clowns and mimes hate each other with a racial/ethnic passion ..Black, Crude, Rude and hilariously funny - in a warped, boozy kind of way.. - should be mandatory viewing for all kids under 14...

12. That little boy, "Gage", at the end of "Pet Sematary": Daddy, I want to play with YOU.

13. The kids in "the Grudge" either Jap or English version

Don't say much, they're just fcuking creepy

14. Michael Moore's 'Bowling for Columbine'...where all the 'Canadian' doors are unlocked!!

8O

[​IMG]