Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Isle of Wight Tanker "Hijacked" 25/10/20

If I were a member of the SBS Troop, I'd be having words with my lawyer about salvage rewards and how many people I'd have to share it with.

Come to think of it, that's likely why the ship's owners lost little time in contacting their lawyers. Could the master still be deemed to be in control of the vessel when the crew were marooned inside the citadel?
I think that is why the ships Liberian owners were keen to downplay the "hijacked" description of the ship.....

I think that is why the ships Liberian owners were keen to downplay the "hijacked" description of the ship.....
I've just listened to Ben Wallace, SofS for Defence on R4 WATO, and he stated that the uninvited occupants had threatened to 'do something with the ship' which implies that they had control of the vessel, however he would not be drawn on whther it was a hijack.

So Nigerians criminals eh? Be a couple of weeks until they get their SIA licence to sleep at work.
Screenshot_20201026-141404_File Manager +.jpg
Screenshot_20201026-141330_File Manager +.jpg

Last edited:
Further to earlier comments, it would appear that the tanker is empty and that it made stops between Lagos and the UK. According to this:

That makes it odder and odder.

Oh, btw, it's Liberian registered but Greek-owned.

Shows some on here do know what is going on, others just guess.

Please tell us more. Please answer the following:

How many waves were involved in the assault?

what was the make up of each wave?

how was the assault conducted?

when did the Police sign over to the Armed Forces and when was control relinquished back to the Police?

Its always nice to have such experts on these threads.

Pteranadon

LE
Book Reviewer
I have not had time to read the whole thread,. but am I the only one to think that this was a rather expensive, if high profile, welcome to the UK party for a small group of would be immigrants?

Deploying the SBS probably cost as much as the amount of money an immigrant needs to get the full VIP treatment afforded to the dodgy rich.

Ritch

LE
Please tell us more. Please answer the following:

How many waves were involved in the assault?
Plenty. It was a bit choppy out there.
what was the make up of each wave?
Each trooper had the standard mascara and nail polish on.
how was the assault conducted?
In a socially distanced way designed to limit the spread of Covid-19.
Its always nice to have such experts on these threads.
Thanks @dingerr :)

Yokel

LE
BLM and obscure Labour MPs are already kicking up a fuss, saying that the boarding team only picked on the black blokes on board.

WTF? You cannot be serious?

Actually you might well be serious, but it would just be depressing to ask for a link? Are they really claiming that nothing would be done about white hijackers? What colour are the crew? Are they suggesting a tanker run aground or into another vessel can only hurt white people?

Plenty. It was a bit choppy out there.

Each trooper had the standard mascara and nail polish on.

In a socially distanced way designed to limit the spread of Covid-19.

Thanks @dingerr :)

Expert not Ex-spurt.

Seadog

ADC
There was a report yesterday of access having been via the rudder trunk.
I don't know enough to know whether that would provide access to other parts of the vessel.

A rudder trunk doesn't provide access to the rest of the vessel. If Nigerians could get in, so would sea water. The (dry) trunk is accessible from the inside of the ship but drugs stashed there are more likely to be a dipshit crew member's doing.

There may be spaces a round the rudder such as in the picture you linked, like there may be around a retractable stabiliser housing or bow/stern thruster where drugs could be stashed (recovered at the other end of the voyage) but a bloke stowing away in such a place would get wet, cold and dead so quickly, he'd wish he'd stowed away in a wheel well on an airliner.

Latest Threads