Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Isle of Wight Tanker "Hijacked" 25/10/20

Exactly. Having said that I believe Police Scotland (and predecessor forces) have jurisdiction over North Sea oil rigs, and various Police forces have jurisdiction over gas rigs in the southern North Sea.

Apart from that use of military force is rightly the last option. If the Police immediately resorted to force people would rightly complain.
If Orkney and Shetland decide to leave, it could be this lot that protect their waters:
Forsvarets spesialstyrker

NSP

LE
Further to earlier comments on SF doing exercises all around us, here's RAF SAR doing a no-notice exercise using our deck:-

Set down...
Sea King10.jpg

Pick up....
Sea King02.jpg

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
Are you struggling with this. Illegal entry into the UK is a criminal offence.
They’ve committed crimes that trump that, they don’t go to detention centres for such matters, they go to prison, once time served they then become illegal immigrants and can be moved to detention centres prior removal. They can be returned from prison also.

With regards to the detained persons what will happen now, will they be sent back or will they now do some time in HMP?
I reckon they will be bolstering the ranks of the next #BLM Demonstration. Any ideas on the ratio of white to black within the ranks of those SBS types who unfairly overpowered our ‘heroes’? :roll:

“The UK should not be regarded as a place where you can automatically come and break the law by seeking to arrive illegally. If you come illegally, you are an illegal migrant, and I’m afraid the law will treat you as such.” ~ Boris Johnson, 23 August 2019.
You got a funny, because the fat useless cnut* won't do anything about it.

*That would be my opinion of all politicians, of any colour, before the tory boys jump to the defence of the glorious leader.

Is the tanker driver going to be done for £70,000? If he was aware for some time that he had stowaways aboard, why bring them to within 3 miles of the UK?

Yes, that's the one. Like I said, I thought that particular story was a bit over the top.

Just looked up the date of Falconer's autobiography: 1998. So it couldn't have been the same one in 2005 as mentioned by @bigeye .

Sorry for the drift.
I think we should consider that it was an instructor who told us the story - whilst I wouldn't question his bonafides as an attached SF medic (considering the company he was keeping at the time) we had women on the course and he may have been 'bigging up' his personal experience for bluffing purposes.

Why would they be sent back? How about illegal entry into the UK for starters? Surely there are pretty clear powers to remove illegal entrants via a stay in a detention centre?
I thought there was a legal principle that you should not benefit from your crimes, ie they committed crimes to get into UK, ship was not going anywhere else. So out with them. But will Jeremy and Abbott pitch up to stand them bail?

I thought there was a legal principle that you should not benefit from your crimes, ie they committed crimes to get into UK, ship was not going anywhere else. So out with them. But will Jeremy and Abbott pitch up to stand them bail?

Surely Gary Lineker will not only stump up their bail, but put them up in his mansion

I think we should consider that it was an instructor who told us the story - whilst I wouldn't question his bonafides as an attached SF medic (considering the company he was keeping at the time) we had women on the course and he may have been 'bigging up' his personal experience for bluffing purposes.
Whose we?

Amidst all the excitement regarding Chinooks, and talk of six helicopters, causing some people to think of a force carried by six Chinooks, Lucy Fisher has some details...

Some on this thread may recognise one of the respondents, or even served with him.

Does anyone know if anyone will conduct an enquiry into how the hijackers were able to stow away for that length of time. Hampshire Police perhaps?
Well...there is an emerging possibility that things might not be as they at first seem. One developing theory is that the crew promised to take the 7 to UK and smuggle them ashore. However, when they neared the shore the crew told them that instead of docking as promised, they would be going ashore in a little dinghy launched from the tanker and the 'stowaways' kicked off.

endure

GCM
I tend to call that one "Sir" - especially if they are a disgruntled ex-Soviet sub driver from Estonia.

Edited to add: a fair few of the vessels I work on the "old man" is one of the three navigational officers.
On regular deep sea merch ships you have the OM in charge and 3 mates doing watches as well as the CE in charge of the pit and 3 engs doing watches although modern ships are usually UMS so the engs do daywork.

They're different to the kind of ships you work on.

Dunno about that but I do know that UKSF do live drills on platforms against them ever being taken over by n'aer-do-wells. They do it to our vessels from time to time, too (with advance notice). The closest I've come is working with an ex-Bootie who had retrained as a survey tech and was with us to set up all the gear on a mobilisation, who related when his platoon had been dicked to play OPFOR as a hostile "special interest group" who were organised and had taken a ship and "issued demands." As was said above, big punch up as Booties objected to very realistic manhandling by Poole's finest, including being thoroughly filled in.

What I don't get is, if unarmed, why the crew didn't go tonto on the seven - must have outnumberd them for getting on for two to one and with a likely Filipino deck crew - in my experience, all the Filipino/Indonesian ABs are all karate nuts and quite lethal.

Let's thumb it through - three navigation officers, three engineering officers, a bo'sun, at least four ABs, a cook, a steward, an oiler, possibly a motorman. That's fifteen to be going on with - at least one of which knows his way around a very sharp knife.

I was a 'hostage' for one of the exercises in 1987. It only took one of us being smacked in the mouth for the rest of us to decide that cooperating completely was probably the best plan.

I was a 'hostage' for one of the exercises in 1987. It only took one of us being smacked in the mouth for the rest of us to decide that cooperating completely was probably the best plan.

there was Twin Track exercises in Late 90s with us volunteering as hostages on train or an airliner. I was penned in for one in 99 but got cancelled last Moment.

One previous years TT on airliner at Brize , I loved our former CO getting slapped by 22 As he played part on the a/c. Think cos one of my lot nervously nodded in his direction as the rescue squad did a check to see if any of the ‘hijackers’ hiding amongst the ‘hostages’ Lol.

cheers

Latest Threads