'Islamophobia' - Parliamentary group's definition to 'Cripple anti-terror fight'?

You have neatly illustrated the point I was making. Thank you.

"Muslimness"? In order to contort things to suit their purpose, it is necessary, apparently, to invent messy and nonsensical terminology. It' a new one to tag on to 'Islamophobia'.
I'm not illustrating your point at all.
Far from it.
You're objecting to words that are used in connection with Islamophobia .
You'll be saying it's a made up word next.

Worth remembering the definition of Islamophobia the Conservatives don't like...

"Islamophobia is rooted in racism and is a type of racism that targets expressions of Muslimness or perceived Muslimness,”
I don't like Islam.

I don't like religion full stop.

I recognise the difference between "Islamophobia" and "dislike of Islam" and I don't need a quasi-judicial or quasi-legislative stamp on that.

This definition does two things,

1. Tells me that by disliking Islam I am racist

2. Gives the power of the State in defence of anyone who disagrees with my criticism of their stupid fairy tales.

Utterly unacceptable in both cases.

Even worse, it puts people like me, strong critics of religion, of religious exceptionalism, and nuanced critics of the cultural effects of immigration, in a corral with the apes who slobber over that foul goblin Tommy Robinson and his inbred malformed ilk.

Islamophobia doesn't exist. Deal with it.

Anti-Muslim bigotry exists as does racism.

If some is rude about religion or parts thereof, that is blasphemy. As it stands, that's fine. This proposed definition would change that.

The idea that Islamophobia is rooted in racism doesn't look like it's there to protect blond or ginger converts does it?

Blanket legislation can not and should not be drawn up, because of outliers. There will always be cases where individual people are troubled by words, and that in some cases they may even take their own lives, as sad as that is, I say once more "Blanket legislation can not and should not be drawn up, because of outliers.".

I don't like Islam.

I don't like religion full stop.

I recognise the difference between "Islamophobia" and "dislike of Islam" and I don't need a quasi-judicial or quasi-legislative stamp on that.

This definition does two things,

1. Tells me that by disliking Islam I am racist

2. Gives the power of the State in defence of anyone who disagrees with my criticism of their stupid fairy tales.

Utterly unacceptable in both cases.

Even worse, it puts people like me, strong critics of religion, of religious exceptionalism, and nuanced critics of the cultural effects of immigration, in a corral with the apes who slobber over that foul goblin Tommy Robinson and his inbred malformed ilk.
I agree with you.

There's a difference between agreeing/ liking something or tolerating it. It's your fundamental right. Hate is a different thing though. Everybody has a different opinion - that's human and natural. You can still not like something and get along.

I hate vegemite/ marmite though. Vile things! :)

I agree with you.

There's a difference between agreeing/ liking something or tolerating it. It's your fundamental right. Hate is a different thing though. Everybody has a different opinion - that's human and natural. You can still not like something and get along.

I hate vegemite/ marmite though. Vile things! :)

Thanks for agreeing with my post, but be aware, once we establish the Yeast Extract Caliphate you're going to be force fed Marmite by the spoonful before we behead you.

Latest Threads