'Islamophobia' - Parliamentary group's definition to 'Cripple anti-terror fight'?

You must not know what the core tenets of Islam are if you think they are used by jihadis to justify violence. In some cases, single aya are contextualize by interpretations of hadith & then interpreted via an extremist scholar to get the nugget they want.

And Taqqiya is a Shia concept, not sunni. Wrong jihadis, my dude.
I haven't studied them, in absolute detail, and I am not referring to the '5 pillars of Islam'. As I have said I agree the faith is not monolithic, and has an assortment of contradictory writings. I certainly wouldn't join it, but it is influencing and thus effecting wider societal changes from the trivial to those that are serious.

Clearly there are many differing sources of information and from the many differing Islamic sides, that draws me to the thought that 'Islam wishes to be the one true faith'. Some of those who support such an aim are of course going to be, zealots, and snake oil salesmen but there will be some are going to hold that as a honest genuine belief, but thankfully don't act on it outside of thought. This is the same for others from any other religious ideology also, but it actions and deeds not thoughts that concerns me.

We could quote swap a gazzilion links that will both prove and disprove each others argument... (If you want I will take some time and write a more indicative argument for my reasoning.)

It is hard then not to attribute the social, criminal and terror issues, that have increasingly coalesced around certain communities in certain parts of the country too not then being being associated as part and parcel though of a single religious ideological group.

That this group will shares other characteristics with some being immutable and some that have been culturally imported, is of course going to be capitalised on by hucksters, and political opportunists of all stripe and ideology.

This is not going to be helped by a 'All-Party Parliamentary Group', being driven to define a word that didn't exist before, being coined by the 'Runnymede Trust' around the early 80's. Rather it seems to me, that this is part of a consistent push to gain a political advantage against any or all criticisms being voiced about an ideology.

'By the by' the 'Runnymede Trust' as with so many other trusts, think tanks and charities, rather need new and exciting societal division to sustain themselves and make bank. See the 'Southern Poverty Law Centre's' recent travails.

Unreadable formatting.

But it is a very serious issue. Islamist groups have managed to start the process of introducing blasphemy laws back into the UK with this definition.

Obviously, lots of Lefty journalists, groups & other entities have immediately & unquestioningly accepted the definition.
My Party needs me.

The dumb bastards need it putting bluntly; religion is stupid, and if someone religious doesn't like hearing that, though shit.

Barcelona AP is right, this is effectively a blasphemy law. We've not long got rid of the old ones, a real step back if the bobbies start menacing people for saying rude things about Islam.

Barcelona AP is right, this is effectively a blasphemy law. We've not long got rid of the old ones, a real step back if the bobbies start menacing people for saying rude things about Islam.
Which is exactly why Muslims and their liberal supporters are so eager to conflate criticism or open antipathy towards Islam with racism.

Once the two things have been officially commingled, then criticism of the religion, its mores and practises becomes virtually impossible without the very real risk of prosecution.

Which is exactly why Muslims and their liberal supporters are so eager to conflate criticism or open antipathy towards Islam with racism.

Once the two things have been officially commingled, then criticism of the religion, its mores and practises becomes virtually impossible without the very real risk of prosecution.

A neat mirror image of "you criticise Israel, you're antisemitic".

Victory of spin; nasty.

It is a blasphemy law, pure and simple. And once one religion gets blasphemy laws, all the others will want them as well.

If you look at the definition that they are pushing, it's the idea that Islamophobia is rooted in racism and the definition is supported by [unspecified] communities. It doesn't take a genius to work out that it's politicians from the Pakistani communities who are making a power grab to represent and speak for all Muslim communities in the UK.

These politicians are experts at working grievances & exploiting the lefty groups who attach themselves to any victim identity. They'll eat weak, inexperienced politicians for breakfast.

It is a blasphemy law, pure and simple. And once one religion gets blasphemy laws, all the others will want them as well.

If you look at the definition that they are pushing, it's the idea that Islamophobia is rooted in racism and the definition is supported by [unspecified] communities. It doesn't take a genius to work out that it's politicians from the Pakistani communities who are making a power grab to represent and speak for all Muslim communities in the UK.

These politicians are experts at working grievances & exploiting the lefty groups who attach themselves to any victim identity. They'll eat weak, inexperienced politicians for breakfast.
It is. It is also a bit more inasmuch as it encompasses any negative description of 'Muslimness' and therefore takes in history. It is a licence to allow schools, unis, the Web, etc to ignore causes of major historical events. Even things like 9/11; 7/7. It is a blasphemy law ++.

I've got a horrible feeling that my move to Islington, and my re-engagement with Labour, is going to end badly.

It's a few weeks away.

I'll keep this thread posted.

It might go like this:

Stupid beardy snowflake North London ponce: hey, guys, and that's a gender/morphic inclusive "guys", what do we think about the success of the new definition, supporting the Muslim community?

Spec-op: it's bollocks, you fücking wet ponce.

The Police arrive, administering lavender essential oils to the Party as they Taser the Nazi hooligan.

End.

How do you propose instances of Islamophobia are dealt with?
Ignore them?
Pretend there is no such thing as Islamophobia?
Islamophobes can't accept they are haters, and their hate is often rooted in racism.
It happens.

Ignore them?
Islamophobes can't accept they are haters, and their hate is often rooted in racism.
It happens.

Nah.

There's all the difference in the world between saying "Islam is bollocks: Mohammed never flew to see Jesus on a magical horse, you cretin, how can you say it with a straight face?"

And "I hate Muslims so I'm going to treat you like shit, you rag head".

This definition blurs the boundaries between the two.

Dunno about you, but I'll spend all night delighted by arguing the first, and all day punching any wankstain supporting the second.

When a crime that is a offence, the accused has there day in court, and if a conviction is result, aspects that may be seen to have an influence on the offence can be brought into the sentencing.

Of course name calling is never great to be on the end of, but it causes no physical harm. If someone has mental health issues, because of name calling well that's for the NHS to deal with not the judiciary.

That public order offences are increasingly being used, in a manner that they were not envisaged, particularly as a political tool should worry everyone.

Worth remembering the definition of Islamophobia the Conservatives don't like...

"Islamophobia is rooted in racism and is a type of racism that targets expressions of Muslimness or perceived Muslimness,”

Ignore them?
It happens.
Like you would deal with any other form of genuine harassment.

Worth remembering the definition of Islamophobia the Conservatives don't like...

"Islamophobia is rooted in racism and is a type of racism that targets expressions of Muslimness or perceived Muslimness,”
Like ******* kids because their hero Mohammed did?

That's a very broad definition. It takes in a person's opinions, actions, attire, physical appearance, behaviour towards others, etc. That is, you can argue that almost anything is an 'expression of (insert faith)'.
The concern is not anti-Muslim, it is with providing any group of people with a free pass on anything they say or do.

Ignore them?
You have neatly illustrated the point I was making. Thank you.

"Muslimness"? In order to contort things to suit their purpose, it is necessary, apparently, to invent messy and nonsensical terminology. It's a new one to tag on to 'Islamophobia'.

Latest Threads