Islamic indoctrination in UK schools?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by dogmatix, May 17, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. An April report from Ecumenical News International

Britain's Muslims plan to boost knowledge about Islam in schools

London (ENI). The Muslim Council of Britain, aiming to counter
    negative stereotypes of Islam, has started a scheme to put a free
    resource pack into every primary and secondary school in England.
    "The majority of schools teach Islam as one of the major world
    religions. We feel that it is time for us to make the most of
    this immense opportunity," said the council in a statement about
    the scheme, called Books 4 Schools.

Will they take the opportunity to explain the requirement in the Koran that muslims engage in Jihad against "infidels" and establish Sharia law in every state?

:roll:

2. I've been trying to research this for a while now and am not convinced that this is the case.

I've found that most muslims I've spoken to, seem to be oblivious to the actual requirements as per the Koran and seem to apply a personal interpretation depending on the Priest/Imam/Mullar of the day!!

Most seem not to be able or WILLING to look beyond what these priests tell them and decide for themselves, what the contempary interpretation SHOULD be.

My research points to ALL religions being very similar and draped in contradictions - thus defeating the whole purpose... So I've decided to create and follow my own - it's called KARMA :).

3. I understood that this 'lack of central guidance' was one of the basic problems with the islamic faith (I stand to be corrected).

Most 'major' religions have some form of governing body (general synod, the pope) that provides guidance on what are considered central issues. Whilst there is room for interpretation it is within these basic guidelines that it takes place.

With Islam anyone can set themselves up as a cleric and apply whatever interpretation they feel fits the bill. This leads to different versions of the faith being followed.

I'm sure there are those out there that know far more than me so if I'm wrong please put me right!!

4. I would probably agree.

There doesn't seem to be a shepard to lead all these mis-guided sheep!