islamic army in iraq, google video

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by black_maskers, Feb 24, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. guys if any body wants to create a link for this . I don't know how to.

this is quite a disturbing 40 minute mosaic from iraq by the islamic army

if anyone wants a training aid to seriously focus young toms minds this is it.

2. Whereabouts is it?

3. give us a clue then :roll:

4. Is it this one;

IA Iraq

(WMV streaming video)

Link to this page

Towards the end of the film, it appears they are shooting at a C130. Looks like its banging flares out at the end. Another shot is of them firing at an airbourne C17. Quite a chilling film. The road side IEDs certainly make you open your eyes. Give me a cold wet day in Crossmaglen in the '80s any day.

5. They should stick to the roadside ones, the effort againt the planes was pretty sh1t. Its depressing that countermeasures arent having more of an effect. I guess that they are working on new methods as quick as we are, or sticking to the tried and tested.

6. cheers scabster_mooch

thats the bugger!

b_m

now, its friday night! what the hell are we all doing here!

7. i got the baby to watch tonight unfortunately. i get saturday instead :lol:

8. Thats a bit of a hardcore video to make your baby watch!?!?

Ah, I see.

Anyone got a number for a taxi?............

9. Fcuk me that music is bollox.

10. Shocking stuff...

I wonder what "allah akhbar" mean to them... I know it translates as "Allah is great" but why say it when doing an attack?

11. I just love all the walts who have posted below the video

12. I was allways under the inpression that "allah akhbar" ment "In the name of Allah" ... perhaps it has more than one meaning? anyone know if this is true or am i spouting shitt? :wink:

Dan,

13. BBear

BBear LE Reviewer

Yeah, I always took it to mean something along the lines of "Allah is great" or "this is according to Allah" or, like you say, "in the name of Allah".

Either way, shows how crazy people can get with religion. Especially when what they are doing is not supported by their holy text! It's essentially what we were doing, only we were doing it 700 years ago.

14. I've always thought it meant something along the lines of 'god is good/god is great' and was used as an invocation or quick prayer.