• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Islam vs. Global warming

Can Abdul move into your house?

• Please Global warming is our fault its only fair

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Only if he storms the new Southern European Atlantikwall

• As a Guardian reader whose daughter will soon be nine I can only say yes

• A great reason to vastly expand the Navy

• No need Muslim Countries are protected against such events by Allah

• Total voters
I have just viewed a Nanjing University computer model of predicted sea level and temperature changes due to Global warming, I can report that it may be bad for the West but it’s a damned sight worse for the friends of Allah. Two questions

Firstly has any one seen any other computer models concerning Global warming in relation to the Middle East / North Africa etc. links please.

Secondly do you think that we should allow Islamic refugees into Europe / US / the Anglosphere, when their ‘countries’ become submerged / hotter than the surface of Mercury.

Just popping out to make sure that my cars engine is running and the central heating is on max.....

armchair_jihad said:
I have just viewed a Nanjing University computer model of predicted sea level and temperature changes due to Global warming, I can report that it may be bad for the West but it’s a damned sight worse for the friends of Allah. Two questions

Firstly has any one seen any other computer models concerning Global warming in relation to the Middle East / North Africa etc. links please.

Secondly do you think that we should allow Islamic refugees into Europe / US / the Anglosphere, when their ‘countries’ become submerged / hotter than the surface of Mercury.

Just popping out to make sure that my cars engine is running and the central heating is on max.....
Not got any links I'm afraid, I only know of maps in textbooks - but basically under a simple scenario Africa gets fcuked, as it's already hot enough there. Middle-east degrades due to marginal climate as it is - bar corridors along the Euphrates which will be possibly ok. With predicted sea level rise by 2100 we'll lose a lot of Bangledesh, but also after that several major world cities will be threatened, including London.

Obviously other under scenarios most of the world gets hotter and we get a damn sight colder, which won't be much fun for us.

I'm off to walk to work :D

crouching_tiger said:
If you want pics, try the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change website: http://www.ipcc.ch/present/graphics.htm, for temperature:
http://www.ipcc.ch/present/graphics/2001syr/large/05.21.jpg. Expect 50cm sea level rise before the end of the century (sorry East Anglia).

To be honest, you're more unlucky if you happen to live in Alaska. The basic rule of climate change is 'expect the extremes to get more extreme, and happen more often'.

As a note of caution, don't believe everything the models tell you in the pics mentioned above, or published anywhere for that matter. What usually happens is they get an ensemble of 30 models from the best research institutions around the world, all of which disagree alarmingly, and they take an average of them all, which may or may not mean anything. Can't argue with the raw data though, and things really are starting to heat up. :x
True. The large honeysuckle bush in my front garden shed all of its leaves a month ago. It has started to grow new leaves, which normally happens in march. :pale:

Could we not pull all of the troops out of Iraq and Afghanistan and form the wagons into a large circle round both countries cowboy style. Then just leave them static running with fuel tanks connected to a large fuel supply. Fuel must come from local sources obviously so as not to damage the local economy too quickly.

crabby said:
but basically under a simple scenario Africa gets fcuked, as it's already hot enough there. Middle-east degrades due to marginal climate as it is - bar corridors along the Euphrates which will be possibly ok. With predicted sea level rise by 2100 we'll lose a lot of Bangledesh,
Bangledesh disappears completely, North Africa bar some mountains vanishes, most of the Middle East including Mecca, become fish freindly :D, Pakistan is pretty much OK :( .

OldSnowy

LE
Book Reviewer
I have seen a map, at a certain Bde HQ in the Middle east, showing the effects of an increase of a couple of metres of sea level on Mesopotamia.

It was all improved drastically, as you can imagine. From Baghdad to Basra is a very large, shallow lagoon, probably teeming with fish (very fertile underneath!) and, more importantly, it won't damage the oil-bearing strtat underneath. There may even be a chance that some of the oil could be obtained from far enough 'off shore' to ensure that the rigs were in international waters, thus we wouldn't presumably be beholden to the locals for it!

OldSnowy said:
I have seen a map, at a certain Bde HQ in the Middle east, showing the effects of an increase of a couple of metres of sea level on Mesopotamia.

It was all improved drastically, as you can imagine. From Baghdad to Basra is a very large, shallow lagoon, probably teeming with fish (very fertile underneath!) and, more importantly, it won't damage the oil-bearing strtat underneath. There may even be a chance that some of the oil could be obtained from far enough 'off shore' to ensure that the rigs were in international waters, thus we wouldn't presumably be beholden to the locals for it!
You see Global warming has major benifits!

Thanks to global warming, we have just enjoyed the coldest May and August that I can remember... :roll:

http://www.junkscience.com/Greenhouse/guide.htm
http://www.junkscience.com/Greenhouse/
http://www.junkscience.com/Greenhouse/cause.htm

A sample:

Because various attempts at determining global mean temperature have different origin dates, mileage tends to vary but the IPCC3 quantifies the increase as 0.6 ± 0.2 °C for the Twentieth Century, which is about the same as "since 1850" since temperatures are believed to have risen to the 1870s and then fallen to the early 1900s4,5,6.

It is no surprise there is significant disagreement over the amount of warming estimated -- as James Hansen and the Goddard Institute for Space Studies explain7, there is no clear definition of what we mean by absolute surface air temperature and wide variation in the estimated mean surface temperature of the planet. As a consequence of the lack of standardization and the inherent difficulties involved in gathering data from remote locations, the best we can do estimating the global mean temperature (against which we estimate change) is 14 ± 0.7 °C or between about 56 and 58 °F7 -- thus our margin of error is greater than our estimate of change.