Islam to trigger Civil War in Europe by 2030

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by armchair_jihad, Apr 15, 2008.

1. No, the authors are being alarmist

0 vote(s)
  2. Yes, it’s inevitable

0 vote(s)
  3. Only when Russia becomes majority Muslim(2050)

0 vote(s)
  4. No, multiculturism will triumph in the end

0 vote(s)

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Editorial from the Australian, in full -,25197,23539446-7583,00.html

Daniel Pipes is director of the Middle East Forum and Taube/Diller distinguished visiting fellow at the Hoover Institution of Stanford University. He is in Australia for the Intelligence Squared debate to take place this evening in Sydney. This article derives from a talk he delivered yesterday to a Quadrant dinner.
  2. Love this bit

So "Manifest Destiny" was what exactly?

Mind you I suppose he would argue that it was carried out by Europeans, so he could have a point. I mean there has never been a case of genocide or ethnic cleansing outside of Europe, like in Rwanda or anywhere like that. :roll:

3. So America will be bringing freedom and democracy too Europe or just transporting us all too the safe haven of ellis island.

Daniel Pipes sounds as if he has read too much of bush and his War against...

piffle...while i think immigration has gone to far in many respects by 2030, and if you agree with the worst case thoughts of global warming the fight for resources water and food will dictate any lines of conflict...

Religions though i am sure will jump on the chosen people bandwagon... :roll:
  4. look on the bright side: Europe's woken up - let's hope its not too late...
  5. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Well, demographics are pretty key here. The EU will be over 10% muslim by 2010, and around 30% muslim by 2040 at present rates of population growth, and by their own forecasts. By 2040, if Turkey is admitted, it will be nearer 50%. And that is not allowing for an influx of refugees from the N African area caused by climate changes - whatever their cause - and food shortages, which are already growing in man parts of the world (well done, econazis - biofuel is really a good idea here!).

Western society is being 'outbred', in the crudest sense. That's not a racist statement, it's a fact, and how we all deal with it is the key. France already has a muslim population of nearly 10%, the UK is just over 3%.

So for Yanks to say that we are liable to go batshit insane and force a pogrom of muslims - unlikely indeed. He mentions two paths - I can imagine his scenario the other way round, that's a possibility. More likely - we'll all reach some sensible compromise and live with it.
  6. I think that global demographics are more important than national ones. Now I think that global warming is a reality but nevermind that for a few minutes.

The human population is growing at an alarming rate and from that phenomenon other species are being exterminated. The Sun can only support a finite amount of vegetable matter. That vegetation can only support a finite amount of predators upon it.

I think we are facing a disaster regardless of what we do. Unless that is we somehow get a consensus (worldwide) on population limits. I will not hold my breath on that.
  7. We're doomed, aye, we're doomed
  8. I'd like to see this topic renamed to:

Communists stirring up Religious Civil War between Islam and Europe.
  9. I think unrest towards muslims in the UK will happen much sooner. It only needs a couple of successful suicide bombs with mass casualties to start major trouble.
  10. I suspect this is nearer to the truth. When the IRA were blowing up pubs, most Brits would have known a few Irish people, and would have been able to make the distinction between the IRA and 'Mick' down the pub. With the segregation between the European Muslim populations and the majority, that appears to exist across Europe, there is no peaceful Islamic reference for great swathes of what some people refer to as the 'indigenous' population.

Self-imposed isolation has led to demonisation, which could easily lead to violence.
  11. We've had a couple of suicide bombs already and a few more failed attempts. I don't recall any great backlash against any communities. I think there is a lot more interaction between "communities" than some people give credit for. Theres also a fair bit of integration, maybe not as fast as some people would like but you can't force people.
  12. IMO if the failed attempts had succeded there would have been a backlash. Sadly the Security Forces in the UK are not going to stop all attempts.

angular's post has got the feeling right I think.
  13. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

Or indeed Australia, Tasmania or the USA?
  14. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

I think muslim-on-muslim unrest will escalate first.
  15. Relax, it's just Daniel Pipes. He of such reputable neocon movements as CampusWatch.

Nothing to see here, folks. Move along..