Islam - The Religion of peace and tolerance

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by postman_twit, May 26, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Not at all HC. Islam IS known as the Religion of peace and tolerance. Was merely pointing out that the actions of these 'insert your own word' is far, far removed from the teachings of their supposed 'cause'.
  2. That's a bit facile, Hector. Are scientific achievements necessarily tied to the prevailing religion in the region where they occured? If I was to say that all of the West's own technological progress was proof of "the essential value of Christendom", I don't doubt that the association would leave some of the atheists and secularists here spluttering with indignation, so why should Islam be held to an easier standard?
  3. Too true. The Islamic peoples looked upon us as barbarians in the crusades. Which in effect we were. We brought a lot of learning back from those crusades. Still don't really like the fuckers though. Their take upon religion is where Christianity was at 400 years ago.
  4. Just following up, medieval Islamic Spain with its peaceful coexistance of faiths was The centre of learning for europe and everyone who was anyone went there to learn. The dynamism of the intermingled faiths brought positive results. As the caliphate fell into decadence and the christian rulers became more intolerant this was lost and Spain fell well behind.
    Islam has good and bad adherents, the root faith is ok.
    "The obligations of a good Muslim are to believe that there is no god except Allah, pray five times a day, fast when required, and give alms. The rest is interpretation!" Nazar Abu Zayad. Being nasty to infidels apparently falls under interpretation.
  5. This is pure propaganda that's only superficially true. Moorish Spain was only equal in the way that some are more equal than others.
  6. Just a bit of gentle teasing :) All the fucking site nutters will be out soon with their flaming torches :)

Good book though, but as Fally said, the majority are still stumbling around in the Dark Ages.
  7. Not sure exactly what you mean by this. But the libraries in Toldo and Sevilla were a magnet for european literates who had absolutely nothing like it for a long time. It was a step ahead of all european countries for a number of centuries certainly.

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

• Like Like x 1
  9. Do the nasty coloured men scare you ? That's usually the fuel for ignorance..

I like my Islam funky, bearded and shouty.
  10. Trans-sane

Trans-sane LE Book Reviewer

In other words the religion of forgiveness and turn the other cheek decides not to bother... Religion is great until humanity gets involved. Then all bets are off and persecute the infidel...

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

Putting things in their correct historical context is not generally considered to be a manifestation of ignorance, defining Islam on a racial basis as you appear to have done however...
  12. Greek Civilisation? Surely Black Athena is gospel my good man!