Islam for astronauts

#1
Guardian

[align=left]"The astronaut will take the Baikonur launch point as his reference for his five-times daily prayers, ordinarily dictated by sunset and sunrise. Otherwise, with 16 orbits each day, a devout Muslim would be obliged to pray 80 times every 24 hours."[/align]
 
#2
Pork_Pie said:
a devout Muslim would be obliged to pray 80 times every 24 hours."[/align]
So thats 23 hours 45 mins spent praying, 14 mins spent complaing about somethng he's taken offence too and 1 min working....and he'll want double time for that 1 min.
 
#3
Pork_Pie said:
Guardian

[align=left]"The astronaut will take the Baikonur launch point as his reference for his five-times daily prayers, ordinarily dictated by sunset and sunrise. Otherwise, with 16 orbits each day, a devout Muslim would be obliged to pray 80 times every 24 hours."[/align]

ahh !! the downfall of an ancient religion in a modern world :D

time to ditch religion ;)
 
#6
ahh !! the downfall of an ancient religion in a modern world :D

time to ditch religion ;)[/quote]



......and we can all sing ..."Nearer to my Allah am I....."


ps: those with a weak disposition DO NOT access the attached Photo.

It's the end of Ramadan and T Bone is on the menu!
 

Attachments

#8
Brixton Council Environmental Health are really letting things go aren't they?

Let's hope the beast was dead before they did that to it. You can never tell with ritual slaughter.
 
#9
Pointless.

Muslims can skip preyer providing htey make up for it as soon as feasible. Or so I was told by a Muslim, I was trying to arrange a stag list around.

So surely he can just make it up when he gets back?
 
#10
At least he'll aways know which way Mecca is.

Down.
 
#11
shagnasty said:
ahh !! the downfall of an ancient religion in a modern world :D

time to ditch religion ;)


......and we can all sing ..."Nearer to my Allah am I....."


ps: those with a weak disposition DO NOT access the attached Photo.

It's the end of Ramadan and T Bone is on the menu![/quote]

This must be an example of the rich cultural diversity that we are all ordered to celebrate.

Makes you proud to be British doesn't it?

:roll:
 

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
#12
shagnasty said:
ahh !! the downfall of an ancient religion in a modern world :D

time to ditch religion ;)


......and we can all sing ..."Nearer to my Allah am I....."


ps: those with a weak disposition DO NOT access the attached Photo.

It's the end of Ramadan and T Bone is on the menu![/quote]

That was obviously a kufir cow, and deserving of having its throat cut. Bl00dy bovine infidel.
 
#13
:lol: Dont be fooled its a quick way to get to grab some virgins before they are all gone,or if the launch fails, well muslim B.B.Q. :D :D :D :D :D :D
 
#14
Do they not look at the camels how they are made.
And the sky how it is raised high.
And the mountains how they are fixed firm.
And the earth how it is spread out?
(Wa ilal'ardi kayfa sutihat.)
-- Sura 88:17-20
Interpretation given in Al-Jalalein:


At the earth how it is spread out(*) (Arabic: sutihat): meaning it was stretched, so they can see in it a sign for the power of Allah ... and his saying sutihat makes it obvious that the earth is flat, and this is certified by Ulama' ash-shar'a (the shari'a theologians), not a globe as it is said by ahlul-hay'a (the laymen)." (Tafseer Al-Jalalein. printed in Damascus 1964. Al-Mallah Printshop and Bookstore)


The above is taken from the Qur'an and since all Muslims agree the Qur'an is the word of Allah and therefore cannot be a lie, I think old raggy astronaut is in for a big fcuking shock when he looks out of the window!
 
#15
Murphy_Slaw said:
Do they not look at the camels how they are made.
And the sky how it is raised high.
And the mountains how they are fixed firm.
And the earth how it is spread out?
(Wa ilal'ardi kayfa sutihat.)
-- Sura 88:17-20
Interpretation given in Al-Jalalein:


At the earth how it is spread out(*) (Arabic: sutihat): meaning it was stretched, so they can see in it a sign for the power of Allah ... and his saying sutihat makes it obvious that the earth is flat, and this is certified by Ulama' ash-shar'a (the shari'a theologians), not a globe as it is said by ahlul-hay'a (the laymen)." (Tafseer Al-Jalalein. printed in Damascus 1964. Al-Mallah Printshop and Bookstore)


The above is taken from the Qur'an and since all Muslims agree the Qur'an is the word of Allah and therefore cannot be a lie, I think old raggy astronaut is in for a big fcuking shock when he looks out of the window!
He'd have a bigger shock watching the mushroom clouds over Tehran!

:twisted:
 
#18
Well at the end of the day they're worshipping an Idol, a pretty big one too. An entire fecking city at that one. Ok, so they pray to the City but it's just because you can't expect them to get bang on with the Black Box. But anyway, the Box is an Idol itself.

So, according to Allah's wisdom, they're all going to hell for worshipping Idols.

Well......sucks to be them. Well sucks to be someone following religion in general to be honest.

Religion just plain doesn't make sense. Not when you have silly rules like these.
 
#19
If we take the whole space thing to its logical conclusion...

In a few generations there will no doubt be missions:

"To explore strange new worlds
To seek out new life and new civilizations
To boldy go where no man has gone before."

How would Islamic halal based eating habits survive on other planets with their own fauna? (This new life form looks like a pig; can I eat it?)

The pilgrimage to Mecca would be erm... problematic.

And just think. When someone finally came across what looked like a young Joan Collins in a bacofoil mini-dress, or a Vegas showgirl with green skin (new civilizations) the whole religious thing would start to unravel. How could anyone continue to believe that Muhammad was Allah's last and final prophet, when confronted by newly discovered religious faiths on other planets? Surely Allah the beneficent the merciful, would have provided prophets for them as well? Ditto Jesus being the "only begotten son of God" BTW.

Would Armchair Jihad care to comment?

Beam me up Scotty

SLR (Not to be confused with SLR Boy)
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top