Islam for astronauts

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Pork_Pie, Oct 10, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Guardian

[align=left]"The astronaut will take the Baikonur launch point as his reference for his five-times daily prayers, ordinarily dictated by sunset and sunrise. Otherwise, with 16 orbits each day, a devout Muslim would be obliged to pray 80 times every 24 hours."[/align]

2. So thats 23 hours 45 mins spent praying, 14 mins spent complaing about somethng he's taken offence too and 1 min working....and he'll want double time for that 1 min.

3. ahh !! the downfall of an ancient religion in a modern world :D

time to ditch religion ;)

4. i can see the news now "the international space station has been attacked, astronaut ossama bintofeckingspace blew him self up and took the station and its crew with him"

5. ahh !! the downfall of an ancient religion in a modern world :D

time to ditch religion ;)[/quote]

......and we can all sing ..."Nearer to my Allah am I....."

ps: those with a weak disposition DO NOT access the attached Photo.

It's the end of Ramadan and T Bone is on the menu!

Attached Files:

6. Shambo!!! Say it isn't so!

7. Brixton Council Environmental Health are really letting things go aren't they?

Let's hope the beast was dead before they did that to it. You can never tell with ritual slaughter.

8. Pointless.

Muslims can skip preyer providing htey make up for it as soon as feasible. Or so I was told by a Muslim, I was trying to arrange a stag list around.

So surely he can just make it up when he gets back?

9. At least he'll aways know which way Mecca is.

Down.

10. ......and we can all sing ..."Nearer to my Allah am I....."

It's the end of Ramadan and T Bone is on the menu![/quote]

This must be an example of the rich cultural diversity that we are all ordered to celebrate.

Makes you proud to be British doesn't it?

:roll:

11. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

......and we can all sing ..."Nearer to my Allah am I....."

It's the end of Ramadan and T Bone is on the menu![/quote]

That was obviously a kufir cow, and deserving of having its throat cut. Bl00dy bovine infidel.

12. :lol: Dont be fooled its a quick way to get to grab some virgins before they are all gone,or if the launch fails, well muslim B.B.Q. :D :D :D :D :D :D

13. Do they not look at the camels how they are made.
    And the sky how it is raised high.
    And the mountains how they are fixed firm.
    And the earth how it is spread out?
    (Wa ilal'ardi kayfa sutihat.)
    -- Sura 88:17-20
    Interpretation given in Al-Jalalein:

At the earth how it is spread out(*) (Arabic: sutihat): meaning it was stretched, so they can see in it a sign for the power of Allah ... and his saying sutihat makes it obvious that the earth is flat, and this is certified by Ulama' ash-shar'a (the shari'a theologians), not a globe as it is said by ahlul-hay'a (the laymen)." (Tafseer Al-Jalalein. printed in Damascus 1964. Al-Mallah Printshop and Bookstore)

The above is taken from the Qur'an and since all Muslims agree the Qur'an is the word of Allah and therefore cannot be a lie, I think old raggy astronaut is in for a big fcuking shock when he looks out of the window!

14. He'd have a bigger shock watching the mushroom clouds over Tehran!

:twisted: