ISAF NATO MEDAL

The 1% who matter at Rememberance cares.

Rememberance is about paying respect to those who have made serious or the ultimate sacrifice for us all, not about taking an opportunity to be a big timing, walty ****, piggy backing on the glory of others.
Mate, almost no one cares, let it go.

Mate, almost no one cares, let it go.
I do care. I care that we should have at least a rudimentary amount of personal pride when showing our respects to those who deserve it. If you want to be a cock in your own time, fill your boots. But don't do it at that one event in the year.

I do care. I care that we should have at least a rudimentary amount of personal pride when showing our respects to those who deserve it. If you want to be a cock in your own time, fill your boots. But don't do it at that one event in the year.
Maybe you should use the day to remember the dead rather than worry if some civvie wants to wear a medal that he was awarded.

I don't agree. If the NATO medal has been correctly awarded to a civilian, that person is wholly entitled to wear it with their existing medals.
My 14 year old daughter has four issued for good conduct for 6 months.
She nearly didn't get one once, as my hamster died on her watch. As a 5 year old she pointed out they only live for a year and a half and she was two.

That's it then, sold, my Nijmegan medals are going on when I get out :) :)
Go one I will throw my Op Olympic medal into your group

The 1% who matter at Rememberance cares.

Rememberance is about paying respect to those who have made serious or the ultimate sacrifice for us all, not about taking an opportunity to be a big timing, walty ****, piggy backing on the glory of others.
100% matter at Remembrance, a Nation mourns. Or are you just using it as an excuse to get free shit and tell tour lies in the boozer?

My 14 year old daughter has four issued for good conduct for 6 months.
She nearly didn't get one once, as my hamster died on her watch. As a 5 year old she pointed out they only live for a year and a half and she was two.
@Daxx why the dislike?

Ok, stupid question alert (two questions actually). I'm pretty sure no-one's asked stuff like this before ;)

I have medals for Iraq (clasp) & Afghanistan (clasp) with my name on them, QDJM & TD without names, and a Kosovo medal (Kosovo on the clasp) without my name- it was given to me in theatre by some US general.

I also have a couple of ISAF medals (ISAF on the clasps)- one for Kosovo (mid-late 2002) and one for Afghanistan (might have been given on my second tour). Neither of these has my name on.

I'm now a civvie, and asking for interest mainly. All but the ISAF medals are already mounted, and I doubt I'll bother adding to them.

Q1: Should the Kosovo medal have my name on it? (and should the QDJM & TD also have names?)

Q2: Can I wear either/both ISAF medals (only did one Kosovo tour, and two Afghan tours, but doing the same work on each) as well as the existing medals without being disrespectful/close to Walting?

I always thought not, but reading these fora has confused me. It sounds like Regs have changed and it would be allowed now....

Thanks- more than two questions....

Ok, stupid question alert (two questions actually). I'm pretty sure no-one's asked stuff like this before ;)

I have medals for Iraq (clasp) & Afghanistan (clasp) with my name on them, QDJM & TD without names, and a Kosovo medal (Kosovo on the clasp) without my name- it was given to me in theatre by some US general.

I also have a couple of ISAF medals (ISAF on the clasps)- one for Kosovo (mid-late 2002) and one for Afghanistan (might have been given on my second tour). Neither of these has my name on.

I'm now a civvie, and asking for interest mainly. All but the ISAF medals are already mounted, and I doubt I'll bother adding to them.

Q1: Should the Kosovo medal have my name on it? (and should the QDJM & TD also have names?)

Q2: Can I wear either/both ISAF medals (only did one Kosovo tour, and two Afghan tours, but doing the same work on each) as well as the existing medals without being disrespectful/close to Walting?

I always thought not, but reading these fora has confused me. It sounds like Regs have changed and it would be allowed now....

Thanks- more than two questions....
My NI, Iraq and long service have my name on. Boz and whichever jubilee medal I have, don't.

I've been tempted, just to annoy people, to have all my medals mounted

such as this beauty

1579532004261.png

and this one

1579532042164.png

and the two of these

1579532064521.png

but then I remember that I don't care enough and that I can't get 'em done for a fiver a pop any more

ah yes, from back in the halcyon days when foreigners were bloody grateful to be invaded by the US and her allies
I almost got an extra UNAVEM 3 medal, but as it was going to be presented to me at a pass off parade I decided to be honest and let 'em know I already had it.

Me? do drill unnecessarily? with my lack of enthusiasm?

I almost got an extra UNAVEM 3 medal, but as it was going to be presented to me at a pass off parade I decided to be honest and let 'em know I already had it.

Me? do drill unnecessarily? with my lack of enthusiasm?
that sounds like the active ingredient of an expensive skincare product

Only decorations, LSGC or medals covering UK designated active service eployments and approved by Her Majesty, are engraved with service details. Tat medals issued for merely turning up, do not. The end.

Last edited:

Latest Threads