ISAF Medal

Go on then I'll bite, how did you manage that?

Got to be a wah! You need to serve in Afghan to get one. I heard you could wear it with miniatures?

Does anyone know if the ISAF Medal can be worn with other Military medals, I dont have the Afghan GSM.
'Afghan GSM', WTF is that then you knob end? It's the 'Operational Service Medal' with Clasp 'Afghanistan', didn't the guy on ebay explain this to you? you know, the guy advertising as SAS / SBS / RM/ PARA / INFANTRY / SPECIAL FORCES. Apologies if I've missed anybody out!

Oh, I have RAF REGT, there, sorted!

And yes, you can wear an ISAF Medal with other military Medals. On your Jim Jams

Original post was either a very poor wah or we have a walt in our midst !!Anyone disagree ?
Most of the ppl on here are walting as members of the human race. Sent from Dii, so I should be working.

As someone has already stated, I believe they can be worn as miniatures, BUT, really? You'd be better off rocking up with cock-all on your chest than with a non-article 5 medal and you'd attract a lot less attention. It really is that shit! Mines gathering dust in my loft somewhere I think.

As someone has already stated, I believe they can be worn as miniatures, BUT, really? You'd be better off rocking up with cock-all on your chest than with a non-article 5 medal and you'd attract a lot less attention. It really is that shit! Mines gathering dust in my loft somewhere I think.
You cannot wear the miniature. The directive says the following:

18. Miniature Medals and emblems must correspond exactly to the full size medals an individual is authorised to wear.

You cannot wear the miniature. The directive says the following:18. Miniature Medals and emblems must correspond exactly to the full size medals an individual is authorised to wear.
Now there you go again, letting the rules and facts get in the way of a good barrack room story. I wish you sensible f*ckers would just stop it ^~ Queue the I pay for it (and the mess dress) so I can f*cking wear it if I want to Bde :)

B

bokkatankie

'Afghan GSM', WTF is that then you knob end? It's the 'Operational Service Medal' with Clasp 'Afghanistan', didn't the guy on ebay explain this to you? you know, the guy advertising as SAS / SBS / RM/ PARA / INFANTRY / SPECIAL FORCES. Apologies if I've missed anybody out!

Oh, I have RAF REGT, there, sorted!

And yes, you can wear an ISAF Medal with other military Medals. On your Jim Jams
Just as a matter of interest, given that a new OSM ribbon is designed for each operation why does it need to have a clasp?

Now there you go again, letting the rules and facts get in the way of a good barrack room story. I wish you sensible f*ckers would just stop it ^~ Queue the I pay for it (and the mess dress) so I can f*cking wear it if I want to Bde :)
And the ******* don't even do that, anymore. They get a grant to cover all incl accoutrement...buggers ;)

Z

Zarathustra

Just as a matter of interest, given that a new OSM ribbon is designed for each operation why does it need to have a clasp?
The clasp signifies that the soldier served within a certain geographical location, I believe that during the invasion of Afghanistan there were people serving in places like Kenya and on ships in the Indian Ocean who were awarded the medal but without the clasp.

Similar to people who were in Cyprus during the Gulf War who qualified for a medal but without the clasp.

The clasp signifies that the soldier served within a certain geographical location, I believe that during the invasion of Afghanistan there were people serving in places like Kenya and on ships in the Indian Ocean who were awarded the medal but without the clasp.

Similar to people who were in Cyprus during the Gulf War who qualified for a medal but without the clasp.
i think nimrod ground crews based in oman recieved OSM's without clasps as part of op veritas

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
SteveyJ0587 Medals 42
colonel_kurtz Medals 30
S Medals 20